The Beatles’ 108th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was also the 41st occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 247th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including the lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands, Texas
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Times Square, New York
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Piggies, Glass Onion, Rocky Raccoon, Long Long Long, Why Don’t We Do It In The Road
- 1968: George Harrison forms music publishing company Singsong Ltd
- 1964: Live: De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.