The Beatles’ 108th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date. It was also the 41st occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
Overall this was their 247th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including the lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands, Texas
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Times Square, New York
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Piggies, Glass Onion, Rocky Raccoon, Long Long Long, Why Don’t We Do It In The Road
- 1968: George Harrison forms music publishing company Singsong Ltd
- 1964: Live: De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.