This was the seventh night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: South Okanagan Events Centre, Penticton, BC, Canada
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, The Woodlands, Texas
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Times Square, New York
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Piggies, Glass Onion, Rocky Raccoon, Long Long Long, Why Don’t We Do It In The Road
- 1968: George Harrison forms music publishing company Singsong Ltd
- 1964: Live: De Montfort Hall, Leicester
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1959: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.