The Beatles filmed studio and on-location scenes for the A Hard Day’s Night film on this day, at Twickenham Film Studios and on the nearby Arlington Road.
In the scene, The Beatles were stuck in a traffic jam and were shouted at by a passenger in another car. However, it was later decided that the sequence should be omitted from the final cut.
Last updated: 4 April 2010
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, mixing: The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Paperback Writer, Rain
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1963: The Beatles see The Rolling Stones perform for the first time
- 1963: Television: Thank Your Lucky Stars
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.