This was The Beatles’ third appearance on the ABC Television show Thank Your Lucky Stars. It was shown in most areas covered by the ITV network on Saturday 20 April 1963 from 5.50pm.
The Beatles arrived at Teddington Studios at 11am for a rehearsal. During the recording for the programme they mimed to just one song, ‘From Me To You’. The other guests on the show were the Dave Clark Five, The Vernons Girls, Bert Weedon, and Del Shannon.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, mixing: The Ballad Of John And Yoko
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Paperback Writer, Rain
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: The Beatles see The Rolling Stones perform for the first time
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.