The Beatles filmed the hotel room scenes of A Hard Day’s Night on this day at Twickenham Film Studios.
In the scenes, the characters Norm and Shake, played by Norman Rossington and John Junkin, told The Beatles to remain in their hotel room and answer fan mail. The group sneak out, but later return to find a waiter bound and gagged in a wardrobe.
Also on this day...
- 1970: George and Pattie Harrison move into Friar Park
- 1969: George and Pattie Harrison’s home is raided by the Drugs Squad
- 1969: Paul McCartney marries Linda Eastman
- 1969: Mixing: The Long And Winding Road, Let It Be
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Bedford
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.