Martin then recorded two piano overdubs onto ‘Money (That’s What I Want)’, and six takes of a Hammond organ overdub onto ‘I Wanna Be Your Man’ – these were numbered takes 8-13, and the last of them was the best.
Also on this day...
- 1991: UK album release: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1977: US album release: Ringo The 4th by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Hunter Davies’ biography of The Beatles is published
- 1967: Mixing: Your Mother Should Know
- 1964: Recording: Every Little Thing, What You’re Doing, No Reply
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Paris
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.