Studio Two, EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Producer: George Martin
Engineer: Ken Scott
One of the mixes was labelled ‘gimmick’, and is likely to have involved varispeed effects. Final mono mixes were made on 2 October 1967, replacing these.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Hunter Davies’ biography of The Beatles is published
- 1964: Recording: Every Little Thing, What You’re Doing, No Reply
- 1963: Recording, editing, mixing: Little Child, Hold Me Tight, Money, I Wanna Be Your Man, All I’ve Got To Do, Don’t Bother Me, Not A Second Time
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Paris
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.