This was The Beatles’ 113th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 193rd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: AT&T Park, San Francisco
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1968: Recording: Revolution
- 1964: Liverpool première of A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: UK single and album release: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens, Margate
- 1963: Radio: Pop Go The Beatles
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.