This was The Beatles’ 113th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 193rd known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: AT&T Park, San Francisco
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1968: Recording: Revolution
- 1964: Liverpool première of A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: UK single and album release: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens, Margate
- 1963: Radio: Pop Go The Beatles
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.