The third of six consecutive nights for The Beatles at Margate’s Winter Gardens.
They played to two different ‘houses’ each night, performing nine songs: Roll Over Beethoven, Thank You Girl, Chains, Please Please Me, A Taste Of Honey, I Saw Her Standing There, Baby It’s You, From Me To You and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at AT&T Park, San Francisco
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer
- 1968: Recording: Revolution
- 1964: Liverpool première of A Hard Day’s Night
- 1964: UK single and album release: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Radio: Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.