This was The Beatles' 42nd of 48 nights at Hamburg's Star-Club, the city's newest rock 'n' roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles' third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2013: George Harrison memorial garden opens to public
- 2010: Paul McCartney to perform at Old Vic Theatre fundraiser
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono fly from the Bahamas to Toronto
- 1967: Recording: It’s All Too Much
- 1965: John Lennon is interviewed in Cannes
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Sheffield
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: St Thomas’ Hall, Keith, Scotland
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.