The Beatles’ 35th evening show at the Cavern Club, on Liverpool’s Mathew Street, took place on this date.
The occasion was an all-night event. The Beatles topped a bill which also featured The Searchers, Gerry and the Pacemakers, The Remo Four, and The Saints and Mickey Ashman’s jazz bands.
Overall this was their 103rd known appearance at the underground venue, including their more common lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 1999: An intruder breaks into George Harrison’s Hawaiian home
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono meet Canadian prime minister Pierre Trudeau
- 1968: The 1968 Apple Christmas party
- 1964: Rehearsal: Another Beatles Christmas Show
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.