This date saw The Beatles’ 57th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows in the Cavern typically lasted from 12-2pm. Overall this was their 85th appearance at the Mathew Street cellar club, including their late-night shows.
Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows at the Mathew Street venue between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Mané Garrincha, Brasília, Brazil
- 1967: Tape copying: Yellow Submarine soundtrack songs
- 1965: Filming: promos for We Can Work It Out, Day Tripper, Help!, Ticket To Ride, I Feel Fine
- 1964: Television: Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: US album release: The Beatles’ Story
- 1964: US single release: I Feel Fine
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Television audition: St James’s Church Hall, London
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
- 1957: Live: New Clubmoor Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.