The Quarrymen returned to the New Clubmoor Hall in Norris Green, Liverpool, less than a month after they first played there.
At this time the Quarrymen’s line-up was Lennon and McCartney on guitar and vocals, Eric Griffiths on guitar, Len Garry on tea chest bass, and Colin Hanton on drums.
This was the second of three performances at this Conservative Club venue. The promoter was Charlie ‘Mac’ McBain.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Estádio Mané Garrincha, Brasília, Brazil
- 1967: Tape copying: Yellow Submarine soundtrack songs
- 1965: Filming: promos for We Can Work It Out, Day Tripper, Help!, Ticket To Ride, I Feel Fine
- 1964: Television: Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: US album release: The Beatles’ Story
- 1964: US single release: I Feel Fine
- 1963: Live: City Hall, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Television audition: St James’s Church Hall, London
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.