This was the 13th night of The Beatles' residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at State Theatre, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Maida Vale Studios, London
- 1968: Mixing, editing: Why Don’t We Do It In The Road, White Album crossfades, It’s All Too Much
- 1968: George Harrison flies to Los Angeles
- 1965: Recording: Day Tripper, If I Needed Someone
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Hull
- 1964: Mixing: No Reply
- 1963: Radio: Easy Beat
- 1962: Live: La Scala Ballroom, Runcorn
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.