This was the 13th night of The Beatles’ residency at the Kaiserkeller club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles played for a total of 56 nights at the Kaiserkeller, which was situated at 36 Große Freiheit, Hamburg. They shared a bill with another Liverpool group, Rory Storm and the Hurricanes, playing alternative shifts through the night.
The residency ended after Paul McCartney and Pete Best were arrested on 29 November 1960.
Last updated: 26 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2019: The Beatles announce Singles Collection vinyl box set
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: State Theatre, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Bridgestone Arena, Nashville, Tennessee
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Maida Vale Studios, London
- 1968: Mixing, editing: Why Don’t We Do It In The Road, White Album crossfades, It’s All Too Much
- 1968: George Harrison flies to Los Angeles
- 1965: Recording: Day Tripper, If I Needed Someone
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Hull
- 1964: Mixing: No Reply
- 1963: Radio: Easy Beat
- 1962: Live: La Scala Ballroom, Runcorn
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.