This was The Beatles’ 19th of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 2022: The Beatles: Get Back wins five Emmy Awards
- 2014: Ringo Starr hits out at Islamic State ‘Beatles’ jihadis
- 1968: Filming: Hey Jude, Revolution
- 1964: Live: Milwaukee Arena, Wisconsin
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Worcester
- 1962: Recording: How Do You Do It, Love Me Do
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.