The tracklisting for George Harrison’s solo retrospective collection has been announced. Let It Roll: Songs By George Harrison collates 19 tracks spanning the former Beatle’s solo career.
The CD release will also include a 28-page booklet featuring previously unseen and rare photographs, plus new liner notes written by Warren Zanes.
The songs in the collection have been digitally remastered by Giles Martin at EMI’s Abbey Road Studios, and will be released on 16 June on CD and as digital downloads.
Let It Roll is the first collection to span Harrison’s entire solo career, and includes the hit singles ‘My Sweet Lord’, ‘Isn’t It A Pity’, Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) and Got My Mind Set On You. Live recordings of three Harrison-penned Beatles songs – ‘Something’, ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ and ‘Here Comes The Sun’ – are also included, from his 1971 all-star Concert For Bangladesh benefit at Madison Square Garden.
The full tracklisting is as follows:
- ‘Got My Mind Set On You’
- ‘Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)’
- ‘The Ballad Of Sir Frankie Crisp (Let It Roll)’
- ‘My Sweet Lord’
- ‘While My Guitar Gently Weeps’ (live)
- ‘All Things Must Pass’
- ‘Any Road’
- ‘This Is Love’
- ‘All Those Years Ago’
- ‘Marwa Blues’
- ‘What Is Life’
- ‘Rising Sun’
- ‘When We Was Fab’
- ‘Something’ (live)
- ‘Blow Away’
- ‘Cheer Down’
- ‘Here Comes The Sun’ (live)
- ‘I Don’t Want To Do It’
- ‘Isn’t It A Pity’
George Harrison is a twice-inducted member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, as a member of the Beatles and as a solo artist. He is an 11-time Grammy Award winner for recordings with The Beatles, The Traveling Wilburys and his solo career. On April 14, Harrison was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Also on this day...
- 2022: Paul McCartney live: Oakland Arena, Oakland, California
- 2012: Paul McCartney live: Estadio Azteca, Mexico City, Mexico
- 2009: Unpublished George Harrison lyrics go on show at British Library
- 2009: Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan to collaborate?
- 1970: UK album release: Let It Be
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1969: John Lennon signs contract appointing Allen Klein business manager of The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.