Wings’ seventh album, London Town, was released in the United States on 27 March 1978.
The single ‘With A Little Luck’, with ‘Backwards Traveller’/‘Cuff Link’ on the b-side, was released ahead of London Town in March 1978. It topped the US Billboard Hot 100, and peaked at number five in the UK.
London Town followed a week later. In the US it reached number two on the Billboard 200, on which it spent a total of 28 weeks. In the UK its highest position was number four, and it spent 23 weeks on the album chart.
A second single, ‘London Town’/‘I’m Carrying’, was issued in August 1978. It fared badly in the charts, peaking at number 39 in the US and number 60 in the UK.
Also on this day...
- 2012: US DVD/Blu-ray release for Scorsese’s George Harrison documentary
- 1981: UK single release: Watching The Wheels by John Lennon
- 1970: Mixing: Dig It
- 1970: UK album release: Sentimental Journey by Ringo Starr
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Northampton
- 1961: Travel: Liverpool to Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.