Paul McCartney and fellow representatives from Apple Records returned to London from America on this day.
With McCartney on the trip were Ron Kass, head of Apple Records; former NEMS employee Tony Bramwell, now with Apple; and McCartney’s childhood friend Ivan Vaughan, who had introduced him to John Lennon on 6 July 1957. They were in the US to meet executives from Capitol Records.
While in Los Angeles, McCartney’s relationship with Linda Eastman blossomed; three months later she moved to London to be with him permanently.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Colonial Life Arena, Columbia, South Carolina
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at Turning Stone Casino, Verona, New York
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Arena di Verona, Verona, Italy
- 1968: Mixing, editing: Revolution 1, Revolution 9
- 1968: George Harrison produces Jackie Lomax’s Sour Milk Sea
- 1967: The Beatles on Our World: All You Need Is Love
- 1966: Live: Grugahalle, Essen, Germany
- 1964: Live: Town Hall, Auckland, New Zealand
- 1963: Live: Astoria Ballroom, Middlesbrough
- 1962: Live: Plaza Ballroom, St Helens
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.