Paul McCartney and Mal Evans continued their stay in Denver, Colorado on this day, without Jane Asher, who was appearing in a matinée performance of William Shakespeare’s Romeo And Juliet in the city.
McCartney and Evans drove into the Rocky Mountains past Central City into the old Boodle Mine. During the trip their hired car got stuck in snow and mud, but they eventually made their way back to Central City and ate a meal in Paul’s Café. Afterwards they watched a local country singer perform across the road in the Gilded Garter bar.
The pair returned to Denver in time to see the Old Vic theatre company’s performance of Romeo And Juliet.
Also on this day...
- 1974: US single release: Band On The Run by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1966: Recording: Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1965: Filming: Help!
- 1963: Live: Swimming Baths, Leyton, London
- 1963: Julian Lennon is born
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.