The Beatles had recorded nine takes of the song on the previous day. The first task for this session was to create a reduction mix of the best attempt, take three, to free up space on the four-track tape.
Three reduction mixes were made, numbered 10-12. Onto the last of these Harrison overdubbed two lead vocal parts. Afterwards three mono mixes were created, but were for reference purposes rather than being intended for public consumption.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney live at Irving Plaza, New York
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at UT Tyler Cowan Center, Tyler, TX, USA
- 1994: US album release: Strawberries Oceans Ships Forest by The Fireman (Paul McCartney and Youth)
- 1968: Mal Evans flies to India
- 1964: Rehearsal for The Ed Sullivan Show
- 1963: Live: Locarno Ballroom, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.