This was the third night of The Beatles' Christmas Show, which took place at the Astoria Cinema in Finsbury Park, London. The show's 16-night run continued until 11 January 1964.
The first act on stage was the Barron Knights and Duke D'Mond. Next came short sets from Tommy Quickly and The Fourmost, and Billy J Kramer and The Dakotas closed the first half. Following the interval there was a return from the Barron Knights and Duke D'Mond, then Cilla Black, and Rolf Harris. The Beatles were the final act of each show, with a performance lasting just 25 minutes.
The Beatles's set featured nine songs: Roll Over Beethoven, All My Loving, This Boy, I Wanna Be Your Man, She Loves You, Till There Was You, I Want To Hold Your Hand, Money (That's What I Want) and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 1967: Paul McCartney justifies Magical Mystery Tour
- 1963: The Times: What Songs The Beatles Sang by William Mann
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.