The Beatles’ 36th evening show at the Cavern Club, on Liverpool’s Mathew Street, took place on this date.
The night was advertised as “The Beatles’ Xmas Party”. Also on the bill were Gerry and the Pacemakers, and Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes.
Overall this was their 104th known appearance at the underground venue, including their more common lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 1967: Paul McCartney justifies Magical Mystery Tour
- 1963: Live: The Beatles’ Christmas Show
- 1963: The Times: What Songs The Beatles Sang by William Mann
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: Litherland Town Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.