This was The Beatles’ 35th of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney postpones Tokyo shows
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
- 1970: US album release: Let It Be
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Got To Get You Into My Life
- 1965: Recording: post-sync work for Help!
- 1963: Live: Adelphi Cinema, Slough – The Beatles’ tour with Roy Orbison begins
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.