This was The Beatles' 36th of 48 nights at Hamburg's Star-Club, the city's newest rock 'n' roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles' third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Amway Center, Orlando, Florida
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono record Two Virgins
- 1967: Press launch for Sgt Pepper
- 1966: Recording: For No One
- 1966: Filming: Paperback Writer, Rain
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.