This was the fourth occasion on which The Beatles performed both lunchtime and evening shows in the same day at Liverpool’s Cavern Club.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 21st lunchtime show, and their 26th appearance overall at the underground venue on Mathew Street.
In the evening they gave their sixth late performance at the Cavern, with support from two acts: Karl Terry and the Cruisers, and Dale Roberts and the Jaywalkers.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr lead tributes to Cilla Black
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Target Field, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- 1969: Paul McCartney produces The Iveys’ Come And Get It
- 1968: Mixing: Hey Jude
- 1967: George Harrison meets Ravi Shankar in Los Angeles
- 1966: George and Pattie Harrison holiday in Devon
- 1964: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1963: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.