Although The Quarrymen had few formal engagements between March 1958 and the end of the year, they did perform often at parties and family events.
On 20 December 1958 they played at the wedding reception of George Harrison’s brother Harry and his bride Irene McCann. The event was held in Speke, Liverpool.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: O2 Academy, Liverpool
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: The O2, Dublin
- 1974: UK album release: Dark Horse by George Harrison
- 1971: US album release: The Concert For Bangladesh by George Harrison & Friends
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for CBC Weekend
- 1969: Television: John Lennon in conversation with Marshall McLuhan
- 1966: Recording: When I’m Sixty-Four
- 1966: Television: Reporting ’66
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.