The Beatles’ 34th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
Overall this was their 101st appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their more common lunchtime shows.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Echo Arena, Liverpool
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at O2 Academy, Liverpool
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at The O2, Dublin
- 1974: UK album release: Dark Horse by George Harrison
- 1971: US album release: The Concert For Bangladesh by George Harrison & Friends
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for CBC Weekend
- 1969: Television: John Lennon in conversation with Marshall McLuhan
- 1966: Recording: When I’m Sixty-Four
- 1966: Television: Reporting ’66
- 1962: Live: Star-Club, Hamburg
- 1958: Live: wedding reception, Speke, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.