Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
5 June 2014
10.25pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Not sure what year this is from, but it’s The Beatles with The Moody Blues:

Image Enlarger

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

6 June 2014
12.41am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

The Moody Blues were a support act on the December ’65 UK tour so probably taken then. John looks like its ’65.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

parlance, Bongo

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

12 August 2014
1.54pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

From an article in the Canterbury Times:

A DOCUMENTARY photographer from Faversham is ready to present his photos of John Lennon to Yoko Ono.

John Stewart Farrier has now teamed up with Faversham’s Maihen Picture Framing Company, in West Street, to finalise the piece.

The photos of John Lennon were taken almost 50 years ago by Mr Farrier and were previously unseen until a few years ago.

There are twelve pictures of the former Beatle, the negatives of which were left undiscovered in a loft for around 45 years.

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

12 August 2014
5.35pm
DrBeatle
The Midwest via Boston
Candlestick Park
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 1595

Awesome pics! But shouldn’t they be presented to Cynthia, seeing as she was, y’know, married to him when they were taken? Seems weird to give them to Yoko…she hadn’t even met John in ’65.

"I know you, you know me; one thing I can tell you is you got to be free!"

Please Visit My Website, The Rock and Roll Chemist

Twitter: @rocknrollchem

Facebook: rnrchemist

12 August 2014
7.23pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8My first thought was why give them to Yoko? I understand them not going to Cyn due to the divorce. And for all I know, they may end up in a museum permanently. But, the cynic in me believes they are going to Yoko first for the publicity Farrier will recieve from the “gesture”. If he gave them directly to a museum, nobody would notice.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

DrBeatle

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 August 2014
7.25pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

ahdn_paul_06 Maybe it is because I think she owns Johns estate.

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

12 August 2014
7.34pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

But if I had taken pictures of John, I would not be bound to give them to his estate.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 August 2014
9.05pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Zig said
But if I had taken pictures of John, I would not be bound to give them to his estate.

I didn’t gather he’s giving her the negatives, just presenting the framed prints.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Zig

31 August 2014
11.09pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22213

skye said

In Stu’s studio

Image Enlarger

I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about Stuart Sutcliffe today. I came across this picture on page 1 of this thread and noticed that the date and description were incongruent. mmm did a picture search for me and found this website that has this picture with a description about it:

http://kenwoodlennon.blogspot……n.html?m=1

From the article

Stu had his own bedroom, and the attic was turned into a painting studio – something initially copied by John at Kenwood:

So the picture is probably from 1965 at Kenwood.

1 September 2014
7.57pm
Hey Jude !
BeatlesBible House, Nowhere Land
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 494

Dat Suspicious look on John

tumblr_nb6fzxoDWt1rg1rnvo2_r1_1280.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Hey Jude ! for this post:

Starr Shine?, StrawberryFieldsForever
1 September 2014
8.38pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Ringo, are you practicing your kissing for Maureen?

Ringo-kissing-mirror.jpgImage Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Starr Shine?, StrawberryFieldsForever, Hey Jude !
1 September 2014
8.42pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105

ahdn_paul_06 Maybe that picture inspired the I’ve Just Seen A Face episode of The Beatles Cartoon

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

2 September 2014
8.21pm
Hey Jude !
BeatlesBible House, Nowhere Land
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 494

Congratulations, you have solved the mystery and now i guess you should work on the Cure ahdn_paul_06

8 September 2014
1.21am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

This one reminded me of @StrawberryFieldsForever’s avatar

Image Enlarger

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Mimi, StrawberryFieldsForever, Bulldog, Beatlebug, mccartneysstrawberryfields
8 September 2014
5.36pm
StrawberryFieldsForever
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 833

Ahhh Girl said
This one reminded me of @StrawberryFieldsForever’s avatar

Image Enlarger

I haven’t seen anyone smile as brightly as to force my lips into a grin. heart

The following people thank StrawberryFieldsForever for this post:

Ahhh Girl, Beatlebug
31 January 2015
5.50pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

30 seconds of footage from the earliest known color footage of the Beatles, shot by Chas McDevitt have been posted at The Mirror. They’re up for auction along with never before seen photos by Eve Bowen taken in 1965 (a few of which are also posted at The Mirror). [x-posted at the auctions and news threads]

parlance

31 January 2015
8.18pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950

parlance said
30 seconds of footage from the earliest known color footage of the Beatles, shot by Chas McDevitt have been posted at The Mirror. They’re up for auction along with never before seen photos by Eve Bowen taken in 1965 (a few of which are also posted at The Mirror). [x-posted at the auctions and news threads]

parlance

Earlier colour footage of the Beatles surfaced awhile back.

Three possible dates have been suggested for the footage (see below): 14th February 1961 Cassanova Club, Liverpool; 10th February 1962, St. Paul’s Church Hall in Birkenhead; and 20th February 1962, Floral Hall, Southport. Beatles Source, which opts to place the film as coming from the latter (20th February 1962, Floral Hall, Southport), writes:

SO WHEN, EXACTLY, WAS THIS FILM MADE?

Here’s what facts we do have…

– The Beatles are in their leather outfits.
This puts the film date between July 1961 (when the band returned to England from Hamburg) and March 1962 (when they shed the leather outfits).

– Paul is playing his Hofner 500/1 bass which was purchased in Germany around April 1961.
– George is playing his Gretsch Duo Jet guitar which he purchased around July 1961
This puts the film date after July 1961. There is some theory that Paul and George’s instruments were purchased before going to Hamburg in March 1961. However, the photo sets featured here at The Savage Young Beatles illustrate the accuracy of the April and July 1961 dates. Likewise, a pre-March 1961 date would predate the leather outfits. These dates also concur with Andy Babiuk’s book, Beatles Gear.

– Red hearts can be seen behind the band.
It can be assumed the hearts are Valentine’s Day decorations. If this is the case, this must place the date sometime in February 1962.

– Gold lamé curtains can be seen behind the band.
– In The Complete Beatles Chronicle, Mark Lewisohn states that Floral Hall, where The Beatles played on 20 February 1962, had gold lamé curtains.
While it is very possible that other venues also had gold lamé, Floral Hall seems like a plausible guess for the venue and thus, the date, of the film.

– However, a recent bit of info provided to me by Pete Best indicates that this might, in fact, be 10 February 1962 at St. Paul’s Church Hall in Birkenhead.
PETE: “We think the cine footage is in St Pauls church Hall in Birkenhead and not the Floral Hall (we have the ticket from St Paul’s) and we have another spool of the cine that the clip was taken from this is being checked out as we speak.”
Since Valentine hearts are seen, it seems logical that the hearts would be up four days before Valentine’s Day as opposed to six days after on 20 February (i.e. the Floral Hall show).

In any case, for the time being, I’m sticking with the traditional date although I’m inclined to think the 10 February date just might be correct. It just makes sence.
Hopefully, more definitive info will surface.

The following people thank meanmistermustard for this post:

parlance

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

2 February 2015
1.56am
C.R.A.
Land of the Rising Sun
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 509

At the 0:08 mark, the camera pans to the left and you can see one of the hearts on the curtain has writing.  I can’t clearly see what it says, but it appears as if the bottom word says ‘Dance.’

German for dance is Tanz or something, if I’m not mistaken.

8 March 2015
6.27pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

Today, the Fest for Beatles Fans posted this photo from Help ! on their Facebook, as it’s the 50th anniversary of the film shoot:

11025900_10152704068823176_4563578898349793128_o.jpgImage Enlarger

And of course, you’ll recognize the inside gatefold photo:

3905-beatles-in-riva-al-mare-1000x0-1.jpgImage Enlarger

Michael Peto was the stills photographer by the way.

I commented on my own FB that that shoot is one of two reasons why I never knew The Beatles were considered hot when I was kid (since I was allowed only one Beatles album besides the one my father already had). Naturally someone asked the other reason, and I posted this Robert Whitaker image (yes, it’s from 1966 and not ’65, but for simplicity’s sake, I’m posting here):

showpic.jpgImage Enlarger

And I noticed for the first time that John and Ringo were wearing the same jackets as the other one. I just found it interesting that they were still wearing them given the year that had passed between shoots.

parlance

Beatlebug

12 March 2015
1.52am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members

WogBlog linked to a photo gallery of images from Help ! and made a connection between the film stills and the photo used for the Living in the Material World documentary.

help_bahamas.jpgImage Enlarger

parlance

Egroeg Evoli, Beatlebug

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691