The lead single, ‘Weight Of The World’, was released in the UK on 18 May. Starr’s cover of ‘Don’t Be Cruel’ was a b-side of the single, and was included on the Japanese edition of the album.
Despite high hopes for Time Takes Time, it failed to chart in the US and UK. It was released only on vinyl in Brazil, Germany, Mexico, and Spain.
A second single, ‘Don’t Go Where The Road Don’t Go’, had been planned, but was only issued in Germany on 21 September, with ‘Don’t Know A Thing About Love’ and the album outtake ‘Everybody Wins’ as b-sides.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Jacobs Pavilion At Nautica, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2014: Brian Epstein honoured with blue plaque in London
- 2010: John Lennon solo remasters to be released in October 2010
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono holiday in Scotland
- 1965: Travel: Rome to Nice
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Brisbane, Australia
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.