The Beatles gave their 111th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club on this day.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 188th known performance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including evening appearances.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Jacobs Pavilion At Nautica, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2014: Brian Epstein honoured with blue plaque in London
- 2010: John Lennon solo remasters to be released in October 2010
- 1992: UK album release: Time Takes Time by Ringo Starr
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono holiday in Scotland
- 1965: Travel: Rome to Nice
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Brisbane, Australia
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.