The Beatles’ 109th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
Overall this was their 249th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including the lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2017: Ringo Starr live: Planet Hollywood Resort, Las Vegas
- 2015: Paul McCartney live: Nationwide Arena, Columbus, Ohio
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Calgary, Canada
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: American Airlines Center, Dallas, Texas
- 2008: PS I don’t love you: Ringo tells fans to stop writing
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Julia, Dear Prudence, Wild Honey Pie, Back In The USSR, Blackbird
- 1965: Recording: Drive My Car
- 1964: Live: ABC Cinema, Wigan
- 1963: Beatlemania begins: Sunday Night At The London Palladium
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.