This was The Beatles’ 116th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 34th occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 198th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre.
Although the precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2019: Paul McCartney co-writing It’s A Wonderful Life musical
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Citi Field, New York
- 2008: Pete Best to release new CD
- 2008: Limited edition Beatles iPod to be sold by Bloomingdales
- 2008: Beatles Monopoly set to pass Go
- 2008: Lennon childhood biopic awarded UK Film Council grant
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Oh! Darling, Octopus’s Garden
- 1968: Recording: Cry Baby Cry, Helter Skelter
- 1963: Recording: You Really Got A Hold On Me, Money, Devil In Her Heart, Till There Was You
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.