The Beatles’ 48th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
Overall this was their 128th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including their lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2009: The Beatles’ former Apple HQ goes on sale
- 1970: Recording, mixing: Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Allen Klein is appointed The Beatles’ manager
- 1968: Recording: Lady Madonna, Across The Universe
- 1967: Recording: A Day In The Life
- 1966: Paul McCartney meets Stevie Wonder
- 1964: Live: Olympia Theatre, Paris
- 1963: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Bootle
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.