Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
1967 as a single disk?
3 January 2011
10.26pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

YAYYAYYAYYAY

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

4 January 2011
2.21am
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1327

I don't understand, Rain came out in '66. What would really be impossible is to make is a '66-'67 cd, but I would go with Good Morning Good Morning which is one of my favorites. But here's mine:

1. Sgt Pepper

2. WALHFMF

3. Strawberry Fields

4. LSD

5. She's Leaving Home

6. Mr Kite

7. Within You, Without You

8. Penny Lane

9. Walrus

10. Lovely Rita

11. Good Morning Good Morning

12. Reprise

13. A Day In The Life

So pretty much Pepper with a few substitutions.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

4 January 2011
5.15am
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448

Great thread topic, but I'm still in love with my imaginary nonexistent post-Pepper, pre-White Album 2LP set consisting of the contents of MMT, the four “new” Yellow Submarine songs, “Lady Madonna /The Inner Light “, “Across The Universe “, “You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)” and maybe even “Carnival Of Light ” filling out Side Four.  The ultimate self-indulgent Beatles psychedelic magnum upus!

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

4 January 2011
5.51am
Marcelo
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 479

My list is the following:

1. Sgt Pepper 's Lonely Hearts Club Band
  2. With A Little Help From My Friends
  3. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
  4. I Am The Walrus
  5. The Fool On The Hill
  6. Your Mother Should Know
  7. Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite !
  8. Strawberry Fields Forever
  9. When I'm Sixty-Four
  10. Lovely Rita
  11. Sgt Pepper 's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
  12. A Day In The Life

Maybe “Good Morning(x2)” and “She's Leaving Home” could be in, but “Flying “, “Hello, Goodbye “, “Within You, Without You” and of courseBlue Jay Way ” are out.blue-meanie

Really, I like some “Paul's granny songs” (being “Your Mother Should Know ” and “Ob-la-di-Ob-la-da” my favorite ones), but why did he compose so many?a-hard-days-night-paul-2

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition.
John Lennon

4 January 2011
6.21am
StarWisher
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1149

maybe because he grew up with them and composed them as a tribute to his dad? I'm just guessing here.

The following people thank StarWisher for this post:

Mr. Kite
"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." — Dr. Seuss

4 January 2011
6.25pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832

I decided on a true 1967 “concept” album using only songs from the LP’s released in that year and employed the typical Beatles album set-up of 14 songs. The story revolves around a young automobile salesman.

In the first half of our story, we are made aware that his life is tolerable thanks to the friendship of a few people that he occasionally hangs out with. Still, he feels very much alone and longs for someone with whom he can be more than just friends. After a typically nondescript day, he reflects upon his past and wonders how his life got to this point. Is this all there is? What is the missing piece of the puzzle that can make his life better? Love! That’s all I need. After this epiphany, he awakes the next morning with a much brighter outlook. All day long he daydreams about what it would be like to have a girlfriend or a wife. All of a sudden, while walking through the city streets, he spots a very attractive public servant. He wants to get to know her better. They really hit it off and now he feels on top of the world. He no longer has to wonder what it’s like on the “other side” where people are happy.

Side 1

Sgt Pepper 's Lonely Hearts Club Band

With A Little Help From My Friends

Strawberry Fields Forever

All You Need Is Love

Good Morning Good Morning

Lovely Rita

Baby You're A Rich Man

In the second half of our story, unbeknownst to the salesman, he is about to take the emotional ride of his life. That’s because at the precise moment he starts to feel good about his circumstances, a young woman from a few towns over has made the decision of her life. She has had enough of her overprotective parents and is striking out on her own, ending up in the same city as our hero. A few days later, she decides to cement her new found independence by looking into buying her first car which leads to her meeting the salesman. Similar to meeting his first love, he instantly falls in love with the runaway and she with him. Now he must decide between the two. Who does he keep in his life; who does he reject? After much deliberation he decides to stay with his first love; in essence, welcoming and rejecting the runaway in a very short span. So now they enter into domestic life together and are very content to be with each other and maintain a happy household. All the while, often while doing chores around the house, he wonders if he made the right choice. Through both verbal and nonverbal communication he discovers that his wife is quite prepared to grow old with him and this pleases him. After a while of domestic tranquility, despite being happily married, his day-to-day life starts to become mundane. While reading a newspaper after a typically nondescript day, he reflects upon his past and wonders how his life got to this point. Is this all there is? What is the missing piece of the puzzle that can make his life better?

Side 2

Magical Mystery Tour

She's Leaving Home

Hello, Goodbye

Fixing A Hole

When I'm Sixty-Four

Sgt Pepper 's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)

A Day In The Life

The following people thank Zig for this post:

Mr. Kite

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

4 January 2011
6.46pm
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1327

Nice story Zig, reminds me of this book I read called Only Revolutions where it told two separate stories, but every eight pages you had to flip the book and it somehow made a 360 degree Revolution . A bit exhausting, but an inventive idea nonetheless.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

4 January 2011
7.22pm
Marcelo
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 479

StarWisher said:

maybe because he grew up with them and composed them as a tribute to his dad? I'm just guessing here.

Yeah, good guessing…

In extremis (just guessing too):

Happy people writes happy music?

If he's pissed off by his girlfriend he write “you won't see me”, I mean, mildly poisonous lyrics in a sugarcoat melody?

And if he's truly sympathetic to a boy, he would compose a heartful, powerful yet intimate; sad yet optimistic -and above all- beautiful song as “Hey Jude “?

I'd like to say "thank you" on behalf of the group and ourselves and I hope we passed the audition.
John Lennon

4 January 2011
7.46pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448

Well done Zig! (Sounds more suited to the Kinks to me tho.)

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

4 January 2011
8.19pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402

Great story

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

4 January 2011
10.07pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2702

Zig! I love you! (Even though I hate “Magical Mystery Tour ,” but oh well.)

I think I should include this in my introductions: “Hi. I'm MeanMrs.Mustard. People call me MMM, M3, Triple M, M³, Mrs. Mustard, Mrs.M, and whatever else they can make up off the tops of their heads. I'm sarcastic, but my sarcasm is easy to confuse with my dead seriousness. Also, I have a tendency to shout “(insert name here)! I love you!” at posters who made awesome posts.” 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

4 January 2011
11.49pm
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621

Awesome story Zig. a-hard-days-night-paul-5

You deserve another Mal. mal-evans

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

5 January 2011
3.09pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

Thanks all – once I started, it all seemed to fall into place. It was a lot of fun.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

5 January 2011
5.44pm
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1026

Zig, that's fantastic, and flimsy enough to be Bowie. Have an apple01

(1+(1+1)=3)

I told her I didn’t 

5 January 2011
10.45pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members

Car salesman, though?

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

6 January 2011
2.41pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

Car salesman, though?

A man from the motor trade. Do I need to explain the public servant as well?

C'mon M3 – work with me!

6 January 2011
5.58pm
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members

Oh, duh! I always thought he sang “motorcade,” and I had NO CLUE what that was supposed to mean. “Motor trade” makes much more sense. Thanks Zig!

6 January 2011
6.29pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

MeanMrs.Mustard – My pleasure, my friend. Looks like another entry for the “Misunderstanding all you hear” thread.

The Walrus – Funny you mention Bowie; that's where my nickname came from. Thanks for the apple!

12 May 2011
3.54pm
McLennonSon
In the middle of the roundabout
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 810

Not as it would be on a record but the songs I would have included

Baby You're A Rich Man

With A Little Help From My Friends

Strawberry Fields Forever

Fixing A Hole

When I'm Sixty-Four

Good Morning

Hello Godbye

I Am The Walrus

All You Need Is Love

Lucy In The Sky

She's Leaving Homea-hard-days-night-john-2

My Music Blog.
One and one don't make two
One and one make one.

20 June 2011
6.10am
ForNoOne
The Indra
Guests
Forum Posts: 43

After I took it, it opened my eyes. We only use one-tenth of our brain. Just think what we could all accomplish if we could only tap that hidden part. It would mean a whole new world. If the politicians would take LSD, there wouldn't be any more War or poverty or famine.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Ahhh Girl
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691