Inside Studio 3B at the BBC’s Broadcasting House in London, George Harrison gave an interview on this day to Sue MacGregor for the Radio 4 show The World At One.
The interview took place in the morning, and was broadcast from 1-1.30pm later in the day. Harrison discussed the work of his friend Ravi Shankar.
Also appearing was violinist Yehudi Menuhin. The two interviews were combined and lasted 3’25” in the broadcast.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Paul McCartney live: Sun Life Stadium, Miami, Florida
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono appear on The Eamonn Andrews Show
- 1967: Recording, mixing: Within You Without You
- 1967: Paul McCartney flies to Los Angeles
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night trailer
- 1963: Radio: Easy Beat
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.