The five discrete parts of You Know My Name (Look Up The Number) were edited together during this session into a single take.
The final edit was numbered take 30, and consisted of take nine of part one, take 12 of part two, take four of part three, take six of part four, and take one of part five. All but the first part had been recorded in the previous day's session.
At the end of this session a rough mono mix was made so that acetate discs could be cut for reference. The final edit lasted 6'08" and featured no vocals; these were added on 30 April 1969.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at MGM Grand Garden, Las Vegas
- 1966: Recording, mixing: Good Day Sunshine
- 1964: Live: Princess Theatre, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- 1964: Mixing: A Hard Day’s Night, Things We Said Today
- 1963: Live: King George’s Hall, Blackburn
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
- 1960: Live: The Institute, Neston, Wirral
- 1957: The Quarrymen enter the TV Star Search competition
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.