The recording of two Revolver songs was completed during this session, which began at 7pm and finished at 1.30am the following morning.
The solo was dropped into a track also featuring vocals, organ and tambourine, which had been recorded on 18 May. It can be heard from 1’45-2’06 on the finished recording.
Five mono mixes of Got To Get You Into My Life were made towards the end of the session. The last of these was treated with additional brass and woodwind on 20 June 1966, the result of tape copying and remixing of the 18 May trumpet and saxophone overdub.
Also on this day...
- 2022: All three McCartney albums to be reissued in box sets
- 2021: The Beatles: Get Back to stream on Disney+ in November
- 2014: Ringo Starr live: Beacon Theatre, New York
- 1966: Paul McCartney purchases High Park Farm in Kintyre, Scotland
- 1965: Recording, mixing: Yesterday, Act Naturally, Wait
- 1964: Live: Festival Hall, Melbourne
- 1963: Radio: Pop Go The Beatles
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.