In which year did John Lennon and Paul McCartney first meet?
John and Paul first met on 6 July 1957 in the church hall of St Peter's in Woolton, Liverpool.
The Beatles first performed in Hamburg on 17 August 1960. What was the name of the venue?
The Beatles played the Indra for 48 consecutive nights, before moving to the nearby Kaiserkeller.
What is Paul McCartney's real first name?
He was named James Paul McCartney, after his dad Jim. Continuing the tradition, Paul's son is also named James. Incidentally, Jim McCartney's grandfather and great-grandfather were also called James, although his father was Joe.
Who plays the drums on the album version of Love Me Do?
Andy White was the session drummer who performed on the version of Love Me Do which appeared on the Please Please Me LP.
In which year did the Fab Four release an album titled The Beatles?
Although commonly known as the White Album, the band's double album is officially called The Beatles.
How many holes were found in Blackburn, Lancashire?
According to a 1967 item in the Daily Mail: "There are 4,000 holes in the road in Blackburn, Lancashire, or one twenty-sixth of a hole per person, according to a council survey." They had to count them all.
According to The Beatles, two of these cannot be bought. Which is the odd one out?
Money can't buy me love, and fun is the one thing that money can't buy, as the band sang in 1964 and 1967.
In which London nightclub did Paul McCartney meet Linda Eastman?
Paul met Linda at the Bag O'Nails, on Kingly Street in Soho, London, on 15 May 1967.
Who played the fifth magician in the Magical Mystery Tour film?
Mal Evans was The Beatles' loyal roadie and assistant, who appeared on screen in their 1967 television fantasy.
What was the last Beatles recording to feature Paul, George and Ringo, but not John?
Harrison's song I Me Mine appeared in the Let It Be film, and was recorded without John in January 1970. The trio regrouped in the 1980s to record All Those Years Ago, and again in the Nineties to work on Free As A Bird and Real Love.
Share your Results:
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Pearl Concert Theater, Palms Casino Resort, Las Vegas, USA
- 1984: US single release: I’m Stepping Out by John Lennon
- 1970: Filming: Sentimental Journey by Ringo Starr
- 1968: UK single release: Lady Madonna
- 1967: Recording: Within You Without You
- 1966: The Beatles fail to win any Grammy Awards
- 1965: Mixing: Ticket To Ride
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1963: Live: Colston Hall, Bristol
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Liverpool Jazz Society, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Stuart Sutcliffe travels to Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.