Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
17 March 2019
9.04pm
50yearslate
Playing on the roofs again
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 8759
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Aw, I like Blue Jay Way !

That said, I suppose it’s not very…welcoming…

Edit: NOT AGAIN paul-mccartney 

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

17 March 2019
10.08pm
Beatlebug
Find me where ye echo lays

Moderators
Forum Posts: 18182
3462sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got this article in my news feed thingy https://www.cheatsheet.com/ent…..l-on.html/ and before I read it, I tried to tally up all the #1s that John sings lead on in my head, and even though I really don’t keep up with which singles hit what, I only missed one.

([{BRACKETS!}])
New to Forumpool? You can introduce yourself here.
If you love The Beatles Bible, and you have adblock, don't forget to white-list this site!
whiteheart.png
avatar_creative_signature_Hmm.pngStarSpangledBanner.png

17 March 2019
10.13pm
StrawberryFields91
Crackerbox Palace
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 824

50yearslate said

Finally, someone else who likes creepy/weird George songs!ahdn_george_08

The following people thank StrawberryFields91 for this post:

Getbackintheussr, 50yearslate, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

Isn't he a bit like you and me?

17 March 2019
11.37pm
TheWalrusWasBrian
fell off the roof AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2150
3464sp_Permalink sp_Print

Screenshot-2019-03-18-at-12.35.23-AM.pngImage Enlarger

just the classic autocorrect thing. brian-epstein

The following people thank TheWalrusWasBrian for this post:

The Hole Got Fixed, Getbackintheussr, 50yearslate, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

IMG_3978.PNG|badge1.png | I don’t know how to put it here. hello for the love of god hello 

~~~

The Concert for Bageldesh

~~~

Walrian here! Not Fiddy, or anyone else, actually.

17 March 2019
11.45pm
MattWatchingWheels
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 203
3465sp_Permalink sp_Print

StrawberryFields91 said

50yearslate said

Finally, someone else who likes creepy/weird George songs!ahdn_george_08

Circles FTW

also, you know yer hardcore when the name “The Blackjacks” rings a bell! stuart-sutcliffe

The following people thank MattWatchingWheels for this post:

Getbackintheussr, 50yearslate, StrawberryFields91, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug
21 March 2019
2.36pm
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
3466sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you’re able to take this quiz and deliberately choose the answers that will give you George, John, Paul, or Ringo. a-hard-days-night-john-1

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

TheWalrusWasBrian, The Hole Got Fixed, StrawberryFields91, Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

2018:IMG_3980.PNG 2019: 00A040E0-7F67-413C-9CAB-AB4C27EB864A.png 2020:offtopic.png

21 March 2019
5.59pm
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2145
3467sp_Permalink sp_Print

I think about when I first became a big fan, which is now over a decade ago, and think ‘the Beatles were an ‘old’ band when I first found them, now with those additional years on top’. But the music stays the same, and is ageless. It actually makes me think way longer back, to when I was a youngster in primary school, year 1 and up. The music had already been recorded long ago and I was completely oblivious to it. It was waiting for me to discover it.

The following people thank Timothy for this post:

50yearslate, TheWalrusWasBrian, Richard, ScarlettFieldsForever, Ahhh Girl, StrawberryFields91, Getbackintheussr, SgtPeppersBulldog, Beatlebug

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

Most Avid John Fan 2020 and 2021: john.png john.png

23 March 2019
1.53am
MattWatchingWheels
Members
3468sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore fan when you’ve watched a number of different psychics attempt to contact John from beyond the grave and have studied the theories of time travel and wormhole manipulation to figure out what it would take to pluck John out of December 1980 and into our present day, hahahaha, who would do something that nutty am i right? a-hard-days-night-john-3

…..It’s me. It’s actually what I’ve been doing. Please help me, I can’t stop thinking about it. I want him back so badly and I can’t let it go 🙁

Getbackintheussr, ScarlettFieldsForever, The Hole Got Fixed
23 March 2019
2.01am
50yearslate
Apple rooftop
Members
3469sp_Permalink sp_Print

It’s okay. He may not be here in body, but his spirit will never leave; he just got out of one car and got into another.

The following people thank 50yearslate for this post:

Getbackintheussr, Timothy, Beatlebug

Love one another.

- - -

(I'm Fiddy, not Walrian)

- - -

23 March 2019
2.08am
MattWatchingWheels
Members

50yearslate said
It’s okay. He may not be here in body, but his spirit will never leave; he just got out of one car and got into another./utilcave_com/inc/ezcl.webp?cb=4  

ITS NOT OK! 🙁 HE WAS PLANNING TO TOUR IN ’81! PAUL AND HIM WERE FRIENDS AGAIN! HE WAS GONNA OPEN HIS OWN RECORDING STUDIO! 🙁

Getbackintheussr, ScarlettFieldsForever
23 March 2019
2.15am
Getbackintheussr
The Void
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1349
3471sp_Permalink sp_Print

He also said he didn’t want to die at 40. paul-mccartney

P E A C E  &  L O V E

Sunglasses-Emoji-PNG-Transparent-Background.pngstar-emoji-by-google.png1f549.png1f98f.pngbroccoli_1f966.pngdrum-with-drumsticks_1f941.pngmultiple-musical-notes_1f3b6.pngkisspng-emojipedia-whatsapp-peace-symbols-text-messaging-5af2ba93ab48a4.1265377915258569157016.jpgSparkling_Pink_Heart_Emoji_large.pngOctopus_Emoji_large.png262e.png

Without going out of my door, I can know all things on Earth...

~Signature.png~

23 March 2019
2.23am
MattWatchingWheels
Members
3472sp_Permalink sp_Print

Getbackintheussr said
He also said he didn’t want to die at 40. paul-mccartney  

HE WON’T HAVE TO ONCE WE INVENT THE FLUX CAPACITOR! 🙁

Getbackintheussr
23 March 2019
2.23am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members

50yearslate said
It’s okay. He may not be here in body, but his spirit will never leave; he just got out of one car and got into another.

Literally. And remember he told Julian a white feather would be his message that he’s okay.

Julian saw a white feather during a trip to Australia. John’s okay. 

Beatlebug, 50yearslate

1.The Beatles 2.Sgt. Pepper 3.Abbey Road 4.Magical Mystery Tour 5.Rubber Soul 6.Revolver 7.Help! 8.Let It Be
9.A Hard Day’s Night 10.Please Please Me 11.Beatles For Sale 12.With The Beatles 13.Yellow Submarine

23 March 2019
2.27am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534

Though, when it comes to him and Paul, @MattWatchingWheels, in all likelihood they were just a few weeks/months away from their biggest falling-out since 1969.

Remember, George, Ringo and Yoko spent much of the ’80s suing Paul, which was why Paul didn’t attend the Beatles induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in ’88. Had John lived, it would have been him, George and Ringo suing Paul all over again.

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

23 March 2019
2.49am
MattWatchingWheels
Members
3475sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ron Nasty said
Though, when it comes to him and Paul, @MattWatchingWheels, in all likelihood they were just a few weeks/months away from their biggest falling-out since 1969.

Remember, George, Ringo and Yoko spent much of the ’80s suing Paul, which was why Paul didn’t attend the Beatles induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in ’88. Had John lived, it would have been him, George and Ringo suing Paul all over again.  

Thats all just legal formalities. As John said during the ride to the studio that fateful day, “I love Paul like a brother. Family, we have our squabbles but at the end of the day I’d do anything for him and I think he’d do the same for me.”

DAS’ LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE BAY-BEE! heart

ScarlettFieldsForever, Getbackintheussr
23 March 2019
3.11am
Ron Nasty
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 12534
3476sp_Permalink sp_Print

Granted, but the wounds had had some time to heal by then. It’s not something you would have heard John say ’70 through to ’73, when their communication was down to sniping at each other in interviews and on the letters pages of Melody Maker and New Musical Express.

And the ’80s case went on far longer than the ’70s one did. One of the major rifts between John and Paul occurred when John discovered Paul had been buying shares in Northern without mentioning it, meaning he was earning more from their work than John was. I reckon John would have exploded when it was discovered during Apple suing Capitol over unpaid royalties (a case that was just starting up) that Paul had negotiated himself a higher royalty on Beatles recordings when signing with Capitol after their EMI contracts expired in 1976.

The following people thank Ron Nasty for this post:

Timothy, WeepingAtlasCedars

"I only said we were bigger than Rod... and now there's all this!" Ron Nasty

To @ Ron Nasty it's @ mja6758
The Beatles Bible 2020 non-Canon Poll Part One: 1958-1963 and Part Two: 1964-August 1966

23 March 2019
4.30am
ScarlettFieldsForever
Marmalade Skies
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1063
3477sp_Permalink sp_Print

MattWatchingWheels said

50yearslate said

It’s okay. He may not be here in body, but his spirit will never leave; he just got out of one car and got into another./utilcave_com/inc/ezcl.webp?cb=4  

ITS NOT OK! 🙁 HE WAS PLANNING TO TOUR IN ’81! PAUL AND HIM WERE FRIENDS AGAIN! HE WAS GONNA OPEN HIS OWN RECORDING STUDIO! 🙁

You know what, I’m just gonna sit down and cry with you paul-mccartney *sits down and cries*

The following people thank ScarlettFieldsForever for this post:

Getbackintheussr

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes...

23 March 2019
4.44am
MattWatchingWheels
Members

Ron Nasty said
Granted, but the wounds had had some time to heal by then. It’s not something you would have heard John say ’70 through to ’73, when their communication was down to sniping at each other in interviews and on the letters pages of Melody Maker and New Musical Express.

And the ’80s case went on far longer than the ’70s one did. One of the major rifts between John and Paul occurred when John discovered Paul had been buying shares in Northern without mentioning it, meaning he was earning more from their work than John was. I reckon John would have exploded when it was discovered during Apple suing Capitol over unpaid royalties (a case that was just starting up) that Paul had negotiated himself a higher royalty on Beatles recordings when signing with Capitol after their EMI contracts expired in 1976.  

A fair point. However let us also not forget that a lot of the vitriol from early 70’s Lennon (Which I call his “Angry-Lennon” period. Boy, was he ever! Any other period, fine, But if you saw him in that Army shirt, get the F*CK out of his way! blue-meaniejohn-lennon-salute_gif ) was a result of his JUST breaking up from something which, lets be honest, had a major psychological hold on him. He was DETERMINED to break away from the “Myth” of The Beatles. Even as early as ’66 he wanted to leave and couldn’t force himself to do it. When he finally did, all that anger came flowing out. Let us also consider another big part of it: Paul used the break up to promote his album despite the fact that John had agreed to stay quiet for months about it. Douche move, Macca!

All of this, however, died down not ONLY because of the passage of time, but because of a few key factors:

– John was able to try recording his ideas on his own and found by about ’74 that it was harder than he thought. It humbled him a bit to the point where all he wanted to do on “Rock N’ Roll” was sing.

– He was able to re-evaluate his relationship with Yoko. Before, John was unable to really embrace the gentleness inside him despite talking a big game in ’68-69. Seeing how much he genuinely DID need her beneath the surface was perhaps the best thing to happen to him. No doubt near drinking yourself to death every night with Keith Moon of all people (I LOVE YOU KEITH! paul-mccartney ) makes one remember who their true loved ones are and why the “Macho” part of himself–the side that argued and fussed over things–was better off forgotten.

– He was able to make peace with Alf…

https://ih0.redbubble.net/imag…..5,f.u1.jpg

No! Not THAT Alf, silly! His father. Long removed from the days of the Primal Scream Therepy induced verbal butt-blasting John gave him, in ’76 he was at last able to mend things at least partly with his dad before his passing. Thanks in no small part due to a manuscript Alf left John. “All he wanted” John recalled, “Was for me to hear his side of the story, which I hadn’t heard….(The book) explains why he couldn’t make it!” – John sent him flowers on his deathbed and was able to talk to him on the phone and say sorry for how he acted. This was HUGE for John. He FINALLY had closure to his past. At least, his father’s part of it!

– He had Sean. What else is there to say? A chance to have a son who he felt close to that wasn’t a stranger in his own house, who would every day serve as the ultimate reward for him. Something deeper than any of his past demons and worth more than the price of fame. He made it all worth it. Said John once again on that fateful day: “(When I get depressed) Sure enough, he’ll trap his finger in the door or something’ll happen. So now I have a reason to stay healthy and bright!” – Househusband Lennon, SUPER DAD! john-lennon-salute_gif

– His trip to Bermuda had seen him LITERALLY face the storm of his life. As im sure you must know, his sailing trip involved him steering his boat head on into a massive sea storm for hours on end! To hear John tell it, he was asked to captain the ship while the real one went below deck to rest. Leaving him alone to face NEPTUNE!

https://66.media.tumblr.com/56…..o1_500.png

“FEEL THINE OWN ANGER, LENNON!”

a-hard-days-night-john-1“No, U!”

After a rousing battle on the high seas filled with “Sea Shanties and shouting at the gods”, as soon as he docked, the sun broke through…At that moment, John had an epiphany! He had finally done it. He had seen the light–literally! Everything was gone. The anger, the doubt, the pain…all that was left was him. Him and his boy and the future! All he had to do was focus and get RID of the past once and for all.”It’s Cleanup time!” said a friend of his while in Bermuda. “It sure is!” The Beatle-that-was replied! Soon after, Double Fantasy was born.

…So you see, it wasn’t just TIME that softened John. It was life. He finally….FINALLY…FIIIIIIIIIIIIINALLY was at true peace with himself, his family and his lot in life. It is in my opinion this INCREDIBLE arc of a personal journey that makes John so fascinating in a way that sets him apart from the other three. This was a man who EARNED his happiness through pure life struggle and self reflection. Only George comes close to being as inspiring on a personal level. Nothing against Paul or Ringo, but if there was ever an example of taking the long way home and learning from the trip, JOHN was it! Suffice to say he probably would have been peeved at Paul had he lived to see that suit come to pass, sure….but NOWHERE near as much as then, I wager. He simply had too much to live for by that point. heart

If only…

…GAH! I’m not crying! YOU’RE crying! beatlemaniacs_02_gif

ScarlettFieldsForever
23 March 2019
5.20am
Timothy
Nutopia
Candlestick Park
Members
3479sp_Permalink sp_Print

A real memory I have from about five years ago. I remember driving in the pouring rain with high winds, and listening to the Beatles, thinking I was 100% safe, as if the music granted me superpowers. ‘I have Lennon on my side’. 

The Hole Got Fixed, ScarlettFieldsForever, Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug, Richard, Richard

23 March 2019
6.26am
MattWatchingWheels
Members
3480sp_Permalink sp_Print

Timothy said
A real memory I have from about five years ago. I remember driving in the pouring rain with high winds, and listening to the Beatles, thinking I was 100% safe, as if the music granted me superpowers. ‘I have Lennon on my side’.   

I’ve felt that way all week.

A psychic I watched on YouTube said she had an encouter with mccartney-shrug_01_gifJohn Lennon mccartney-shrug_01_gif when she sensed an image of a guy with glasses coming to her during a doctor’s appointment she was nervous about or something and saying, “Imagine peace, man. Imagine peace.” while rolling a joint, and I’m just thinking “WOW, someone must have a combined knowledge of ONE, maybe TWO Beatles songs tops if that’s what they think John would act like. Maybe in ’69, but come ON! Its as if she took the most cliched caricature of John ever conceived and went “THATS HIM!”

Another for the “Fake Fans” thread. apple01

Getbackintheussr, Beatlebug, 50yearslate, TheWalrusWasBrian, ScarlettFieldsForever
Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
seo mavia, adamo3, katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22227, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694