Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
19 June 2014
2.37pm
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22221
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2381sp_Permalink sp_Print

I just heard a rooster crowing in my neighborhood. I looked around my room thinking an mp3 player or cd player had kicked on and was playing Good Morning Good Morning before I realized the sound was IRL.

19 June 2014
3.00pm
thisbirdhasflown
Standing in the dock at Southhampton...
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1762
2382sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said
That would be me – can’t wait for the arrival of my officially licensed Beatles asparagus de-tipper with mother-of-pearl inlay.

Mother -of-pearl, huh? I love the Fabs so much I have them chop off the tips of my asparagus!

By hook or by crook, I'll be last in this book.

19 June 2014
3.43pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2383sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

I just heard a rooster crowing in my neighborhood. I looked around my room thinking an mp3 player or cd player had kicked on and was playing Good Morning Good Morning before I realized the sound was IRL.

Down the road from where we used to live in Maine, there was a farm (E-I-E-I-O) that had chickens. Whenever I would hear a rooster crow, I would smile because of the opening of ‘GMGM’. We would buy our eggs from them which would occaisionally become Scrambled Eggs. A Beatley farm, no?

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 June 2014
3.48pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2384sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said

Down the road from where we used to live in Maine, there was a farm (E-I-E-I-O) that had chickens. Whenever I would hear a rooster crow, I would smile because of the opening of ‘GMGM’. We would buy our eggs from them which would occaisionally become Scrambled Eggs. A Beatley farm, no?

Yay! I love Scrambled Eggs! It’s my favorite song! It’s also the most covered Copyrighted song of all time!a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

19 June 2014
5.02pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2385sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said

Was it Junior’s farm, perhaps?

19 June 2014
5.13pm
Bungalow Bob
Seattle, Washington
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 354

Ahhh Girl said

Zig said

A Beatley farm, no?

Junior’s farm just happens to be located in the “Heart Of The Country .” That’s where the holy people grow, and you can smell the grass in the meadow. (Holy moley, I just realized what a weird lyric this is: “where the holy people grow.”)

19 June 2014
5.16pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2387sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bungalow Bob said

Ahhh Girl said

Zig said

A Beatley farm, no?

Junior’s farm just happens to be located in the “Heart Of The Country .” That’s where the holy people grow, and you can smell the grass in the meadow. (Holy moley, I just realized what a weird lyric this is: “where the holy people grow.”)

Do Mother Nature’s Son and Golden Earth Girl work on the farm during their summer breaks?

19 June 2014
5.28pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2388sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Bungalow Bob said

Ahhh Girl said

Zig said

A Beatley farm, no?

Do Mother Nature’s Son and Golden Earth Girl work on the farm during their summer breaks?

That is when you know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan!a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-6a-hard-days-night-john-6

19 June 2014
5.33pm
Bungalow Bob
Seattle, Washington
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 354
2389sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Mother Nature’s Son lives on the farm, but Junior can’t get a lick of work out of him! All day long, he’s sitting singing songs for everyone. But would he even think of picking up a pitchfork, or feeding bacon to the Piggies ? Not a chance with that lazy, shiftless mooch!

19 June 2014
5.49pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2390sp_Permalink sp_Print

Bungalow Bob said

Ahhh Girl said

Mother Nature’s Son lives on the farm, but Junior can’t get a lick of work out of him! All day long, he’s sitting singing songs for everyone. But would he even think of picking up a pitchfork, or feeding bacon to the Piggies ? Not a chance with that lazy, shiftless mooch!

Hum, well, listening to music can help you work more happily and productively, so perhaps that is his contribution to the farm work. If he is as good (and as good-looking) as a Beatle, I’d be glad to have him sing to me while I work….then again, an Ahhh Girl might get too distracted. Better put that fella to work on another part of the farm if I am to be of any use.

19 June 2014
5.54pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2391sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present to you the Beatles farm. E-I-E-I-O, people!

19 June 2014
7.21pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2392sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

In all seriousness, it was Mr. Hunter, Senior’s farm. Mr. Hunter, Junior lived next door – no lie. That little farm is one of things I will miss most about Maine.

BOT: I picked up my new personalized license plate last night. I can’t wait until my license plate frame from Amazon arrives so I can post a picture of this hardcore Beatles fan’s car!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 June 2014
7.26pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2393sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

BOT: I picked up my new personalized license plate last night. I can’t wait until my license plate frame from Amazon arrives so I can post a picture of this hardcore Beatles fan’s car!

We are sitting on the edge of our seats. Anticipation.

19 June 2014
7.47pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2394sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Ahhh Girl said

In all seriousness, it was Mr. Hunter, Senior’s farm. Mr. Hunter, Junior lived next door – no lie. That little farm is one of things I will miss most about Maine.

Hum, I just had this thought. Perhaps Junior will inherit the farm. So it is Junior’s farm…just not quite yet.

The following people thank Ahhh Girl for this post:

Zig
24 June 2014
7.28pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
2395sp_Permalink sp_Print

When I work out which isn’t often, I listen to the isolated bass for the entire Sgt. Pepper album. 

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

25 June 2014
1.38pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2396sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mimi added
When I work out which isn’t often, I listen to the isolated bass for the entire Sgt. Pepper album. 

How did you get the bass isolated anyway? “Come on, @Mimi , we’re gonna be late!”

thisbirdhasflown

25 June 2014
1.52pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
2397sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you are tired after working a 9 hour day and you are walking quickly through a store after work and the words “drip tray” on a box are read by your eyes and brain as Day Tripper .

Well, it did perk me up a little bit.

25 June 2014
2.04pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2398sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you have the names for your four children and your 3 grandchildren too!

25 June 2014
3.45pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
2399sp_Permalink sp_Print

thisbirdhasflown said

Mimi added

How did you get the bass isolated anyway? “Come on, @Mimi , we’re gonna be late!”

thisbirdhasflown

Its not totally isolated, I can hear the rest of the music very slightly. My dad figured out a way to more or less isolate it, but I really have no idea how he did ita-hard-days-night-john-6

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

25 June 2014
3.48pm
thisbirdhasflown
Candlestick Park
Members
2400sp_Permalink sp_Print

Mimi kindly replied

thisbirdhasflown asked

Mimi added

thisbirdhasflown

Its not totally isolated, I can hear the rest of the music very slightly. My dad figured out a way to more or less isolate it, but I really have no idea how he did ita-hard-days-night-john-6

That was very nice of your father.a-hard-days-night-john-6

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24963, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694