Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
9 February 2014
12.30am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I know I already put I hate when people spell it Beetle.

Here is the revised version: You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you flip out about someone spelling it Beetles even when it is an accident.

–My husband did that today. He wrote a fb status with his phone and I guess the phone corrected the spelling. When I saw the status I was like “..*gasp*….YOU SPELLED IT WRONG!”.  He said, “I’ll just write in the comment section.” I said, “No, its not the same. People will still see the error. You must go and fix it on the computer NOW.” 

9 February 2014
12.43am
Ahhh Girl
sailing on a winedark open sea

Moderators

Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 22198
2262sp_Permalink sp_Print

Sky999 said

Here is the revised version: You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you flip out about someone spelling it Beetles even when it is an accident.

–My husband did that today. He wrote a fb status with his phone and I guess the phone corrected the spell. When I saw the status I was like “..*gasp*….YOU SPELLED IT WRONG!”.  He said, “I’ll just write in the comment section.” I said, “No, its not the same. People will still see the error. You must go and fix it on the computer NOW.” 

Did your sweetie oblige your request?

I set the microwave to cook somewhere in the vicinity of the time that the food package says, but I adjust the time just a little to make the numbers be something Beatley. 60 seconds become 63 (6+3=9) or 64 and the such.

9 February 2014
12.46am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2263sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

–My husband did that today. He wrote a fb status with his phone and I guess the phone corrected the spell. When I saw the status I was like “..*gasp*….YOU SPELLED IT WRONG!”.  He said, “I’ll just write in the comment section.” I said, “No, its not the same. People will still see the error. You must go and fix it on the computer NOW.” 

I set the microwave to cook somewhere in the vicinity of the time that the food package says, but I adjust the time just a little to make the numbers be something Beatley. 60 seconds become 63 (6+3=9) or 64 and the such.

Grumbly yes, he did. a-hard-days-night-george-10

9 February 2014
1.07am
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

heart He loves you. heart

9 February 2014
3.27am
Mr. Kite
910 Penny Lane, Strawberry Fields, Pepperland
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 6147
2265sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when…

…you pretend it’s 1964 to relive Beatles history.

…you can’t look any direction in your room without seeing a Beatle or at least something Beatle-related.

…you have a mini library of Beatles magazine specials, biographies, recording session logs, and fact books. 

If I spoke prose you'd all find out, I don't know what I talk about.

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

9 February 2014
6.46am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2266sp_Permalink sp_Print

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

Yeah, yeah, yeah                 YEAH…..!!!hearta-hard-days-night-george-10

9 February 2014
7.07am
4or5Magicians
The Foothills of the Headlands
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 184

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

I automatically added “yeah, yeah, yeah” after I read that too. You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan… a-hard-days-night-john-1

9 February 2014
7.10am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2268sp_Permalink sp_Print

4or5Magicians said

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

I automatically added “yeah, yeah, yeah” after I read that too. You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan… a-hard-days-night-john-1

a-hard-days-night-john-6

9 February 2014
7.18am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

When everyday things reminds you of them. 

Such as when this 

JXgUUZkNXg_8Gr5ooNZeQi8Q3cNVJBvF3I2TX81cG12Q0f0_zb56v0fAPzyVA0zplBDelw=s153Image Enlarger

reminds you of 

Please_please_me.jpgImage Enlarger

and…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq9TtVUmzslQdZmv-bxQJMNYZtsj45ZtC9wkoQbvmAfGn-u2yLUgImage Enlarger

9 February 2014
12.42pm
Ahhh Girl

Moderators

Members

Reviewers

Sky999 said

4or5Magicians said

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

Ahhh Girl said

Sky999 said

a-hard-days-night-john-6

Yay! Figured someone would catch on to my lead. :-) You two are most welcome!

& love the visuals of the skylight comparison, Sky999.

28 April 2014
8.14pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2271sp_Permalink sp_Print

… when you have your internet speed temporarily upgraded for buying tickets.

parlance

The following people thank parlance for this post:

Mr. Kite

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

28 April 2014
11.50pm
TheBeatlesJohn
Anywhere, cause I'm free as a bird
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 159
2272sp_Permalink sp_Print

<—————- You have a bowlcut *ahem*, mop top

The following people thank TheBeatlesJohn for this post:

Mr. Kite

Favourite band: The Beatles
Favourite song: Yesterday
Favourite album: Rubber Soul
Favourite member: Paul McCartney

28 April 2014
11.52pm
Starr Shine?
Waiting in the sky
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 16105
2273sp_Permalink sp_Print

You have over 1000 post on this forum

The following people thank Starr Shine? for this post:

Mr. Kite

https://youtu.be/52nwiTs7bk8

Brainwashed by RadiantCowbells.

If you can't log in and can't use the forum go here and someone will help you out.

29 April 2014
12.05am
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2274sp_Permalink sp_Print

Annadog40 said

You have over 1000 post on this forum

Just joining the forum is a step toward hardcore, us up on the rooftop are probably a bit insane… (In the best way possible of course)

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

Starr Shine?, parlance

Can buy Joe love!
If you're shopping at one of these two websites use the links below to support the Beatles Bible:

Amazon | iTunes

29 April 2014
12.16am
IveJustSeenAFaceo
Arrived Somewhere (But Not Here)
Rishikesh
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 2842
2275sp_Permalink sp_Print

You have over 2000 posts on this forum

The following people thank IveJustSeenAFaceo for this post:

Mr. Kite

(This signature brought to you by Net Boy and Net Girl. Putting messages in modems since 1996.)

6 May 2014
11.03pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
2276sp_Permalink sp_Print

When I was in 8th grade, which was last year, this music teacher decided to do a week of study about the Beatles. When she said she was going to play us her favorite Beatles song, she played Imagine . And then if that wasn’t enough she said told the class that John wrote all the lyrics and Paul wrote the music. That was too much for me so I stood up and literally took over the class. 

When I was in 6th grade at the same school, it was my first year there and a social worker was showing me around and stuff. I remember we were sitting in her office when she said “I’ve Got A Feeling your going to do really well here” and automatically I replied in full voice, “Everybody had a wet dream, everybody saw the sunshine, oh yeah, oh yeah”

Unfortunately this went right over her head. 

The following people thank Mimi for this post:

Ahhh Girl, IveJustSeenAFaceo, MrMoonlight, Mr. Kite

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

9 May 2014
6.12pm
HeyTrud
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 550
2277sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’m not sure if I am “hard core”, or if I perhaps need more help?!  How about this….you know you are a hardcore fan when you have listened to nothing but Beatles music for exactly a year.  That’s me!paul-mccartney

A year ago in May, I purchased a new vehicle with a CD player.  The car is really the only time I get to listen to music.  Over the past year, I have collected almost all of the Beatle albums and have gone through each one.  Am I sick of them?  Nope.  I’m sure I will start listening to different music soon….but it’s been me & the Beatles for a year now.  We’ve even serenaded many a weary traveler stuck in rush hour traffic a-hard-days-night-paul-11

The following people thank HeyTrud for this post:

Ahhh Girl, parlance, IveJustSeenAFaceo, Mimi, MrMoonlight, Mr. Kite

"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....

21 May 2014
3.38pm
MrMoonlight
Alone in the clouds all blue...
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 832
2278sp_Permalink sp_Print

Y’know that some people grind/clack their teeth when they’re anxious? Well, you know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you do it to the beat of Ringo’s drum solo in The End .

The following people thank MrMoonlight for this post:

Mimi, vonbontee
21 May 2014
7.19pm
Mimi
Left of greenland
Ed Sullivan Show
Members
Forum Posts: 480
2279sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know your a hardcore Beatles fan when you set off fireworks and throw a party on July 6th (day Paul met John)  rather than the Fourth of July

The following people thank Mimi for this post:

Ahhh Girl, IveJustSeenAFaceo

We were just trying to write songs about prostitutes and lesbians

21 May 2014
8.20pm
Mr. Kite
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers

MrMoonlight said

Y’know that some people grind/clack their teeth when they’re anxious? Well, you know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you do it to the beat of Ringo’s drum solo in The End .

I don’t usually do the teeth thing, but I’m pretty sure I did exactly that the other day!

The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:

vonbontee

Can buy Joe love!

Amazon | iTunes

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690