Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
22 March 2013
7.12pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2181sp_Permalink sp_Print

My city just put a roundabout in, I don’t really know why other then artistic reasons. Anyways now when driving around it or talking about it I always think of Penny Lane and I’m always tempted to sing “Behind the shelter in the middle of a roundabout
The pretty nurse is selling poppies from a tray
And though she feels as if she’s in a play
She is anyway.”

The following people thank Sky999 for this post:

Beatlebug
22 March 2013
8.31pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
2182sp_Permalink sp_Print

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a roundabout; they’re still pretty uncommon here in Canada although apparently becoming more popular.

Frankly, I wonder if the local motorists will be able to properly grasp the concept.

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

23 March 2013
3.13pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
2183sp_Permalink sp_Print

I’ve seen a few over here in the States before this one was put in. They’re not real popular, but I guess they’re becoming more common. Before it was finished and before I actually drove around it, I thought the same thing about adaptability. Its actually pretty easy once you get use to it.

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you probably have a book (not actually an book) of Beatley moments that have happened to you.

While you like the movie The Perks of Being a Wallflower, one moment that stick out in you mind is when Sam receives the single of Something

Speaking of movies, sometimes you watch movies just to catch the Beatle references or music in there.

23 March 2013
5.11pm
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
2184sp_Permalink sp_Print

0.0 Don’t you have roundabouts in America/Canada?? I never knew that, how strange…

In my diary where I write my coursework down, often there’s not enough room because the page is full of lyrics and things like ”Please Please Me released 50 years ago today!” (I’m surprised that no one has metioned that it was the anniversary yesterday, or at least I don’t think they have).

The following people thank fabfouremily for this post:

Beatlebug

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

23 March 2013
5.33pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2185sp_Permalink sp_Print

In my diary where I write my coursework down, often there’s not enough room because the page is full of lyrics and things like ”Please Please Me released 50 years ago today!” (I’m surprised that no one has metioned that it was the anniversary yesterday, or at least I don’t think they have).

I posted something in the news thread.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

24 March 2013
2.20am
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
2186sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said
0.0 Don’t you have roundabouts in America/Canada?? I never knew that, how strange…

Same here I posted it on a Beatley Moment thread, thanks to Ripley’s Believe it Or Not.

24 March 2013
7.32am
bikelock28
Standing There
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 228

In my diary where I write my coursework down, often there’s not enough room because the page is full of lyrics and things like ”Please Please Me released 50 years ago today!”

Haha, I do that as well! My birthday is in the same week as George’s, and that week my friends were confused as to why I had written his birthday in my planner when I hadn’t written my own.

The following people thank bikelock28 for this post:

Beatlebug

"I don't think we were actually swimming, as it were, with shirts on, 'cos we always wear overcoats when we're swimming,"-

George Harrison, Australia, June 1964

24 March 2013
1.51pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2188sp_Permalink sp_Print

parlance said

I posted something in the news thread.

parlance

Gerell said

Same here I posted it on a Beatley Moment thread, thanks to Ripley’s Believe it Or Not.

Oh yeah, I’ve seen both of your comments now.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

24 March 2013
7.50pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
2189sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when…

…you write “I <3 THE BEATLES” on your hand, and when it starts to fade, you rewrite it, and when it starts to fade again, you rewrite it again, etc. :)

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

25 March 2013
6.16am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2190sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said
You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when…

…you write “I <3 THE BEATLES” on your hand, and when it starts to fade, you rewrite it, and when it starts to fade again, you rewrite it again, etc. :)

There was some kid in my Math class who was doing that, but instead of it just saying “I <3 THE BEATLES,” it was a whole sleeve tattoo which he kept going over in permanent markers. He seriously had that for about a week. I always thought that made people odd, not hardcore.a-hard-days-night-george-10

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

25 March 2013
6.21am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
2191sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 Mine is just written once in pen. Not as strange as the sleeve tattoo…

~witty quote~

25 March 2013
6.26am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2192sp_Permalink sp_Print

Yeah, I guess you’re right, Egroeg, the sleeve tattoo is a bit more weird.

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

25 March 2013
7.04am
LongHairedLady
coming in through the bathroom window
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2098
2193sp_Permalink sp_Print

Speaking of sleeves…  you know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when..  you are going in next weekend to get another Beatles tattoo.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-6  It will complete my sleeve…  for now.  There will still be some space left on my forearm but I don’t know what to put in the gaps so I probably won’t fill that with anything for a long time.  Later in the year I will probably also get some Blackbirds coming out of my “tree of life” spilling onto my collar-bone region..  and maybe some lyrics above the tree.. maybe “No one I think is in my tree”.  How perfect, didn’t plan that when I got it but it would be very fitting.  a-hard-days-night-john-1  F*cking expensive and painful addiction.  heart

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

25 March 2013
2.22pm
Loony-Lucy
Italy
The Indra
Members
Forum Posts: 41
2194sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you instantly think of Yellow Submarine every time you see a yellow car (or any other yellow vehicle) blue-meanie

The following people thank Loony-Lucy for this post:

Beatlebug
26 March 2013
12.56pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2195sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said
Speaking of sleeves…  you know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when..  you are going in next weekend to get another Beatles tattoo.  a-hard-days-night-ringo-6  It will complete my sleeve…  for now.  There will still be some space left on my forearm but I don’t know what to put in the gaps so I probably won’t fill that with anything for a long time.  Later in the year I will probably also get some Blackbirds coming out of my “tree of life” spilling onto my collar-bone region..  and maybe some lyrics above the tree.. maybe “No one I think is in my tree”.  How perfect, didn’t plan that when I got it but it would be very fitting.  a-hard-days-night-john-1  F*cking expensive and painful addiction.  heart

Wow, you’ve got almost your whole arm covered??

Painful addiction? Sounds like it to me. Pretty cool though :)

(Passover - I. Curtis)

27 March 2013
2.48am
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members
2196sp_Permalink sp_Print

fabfouremily said

LongHairedLady said

Wow, you’ve got almost your whole arm covered??

Painful addiction? Sounds like it to me. Pretty cool though :)

Thanks! Yes, my right arm will be mostly covered.  It’s been gradual over the last 13+ years.  I also have one on my left arm that takes up about half the upper arm (among others scattered around me body), but I’m happy with it like that (for now anyways).  a-hard-days-night-john-1

"Please don't bring your banjo back, I know where it's been..  I wasn't hardly gone a day, when it became the scene..  Banjos!  Banjos!  All the time, I can't forget that tune..  and if I ever see another banjo, I'm going out and buy a big balloon!"

29 March 2013
12.53pm
fabfouremily
Rishikesh
Members
2197sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know that your family knows you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when they try to smuggle you into the over 18’s club on the cruise we went on just because they were having a ‘Beatles night’. And when the bodyguard said ”no, ’cause I don’t think she looks over 18 years old”, my nan and mom began arguing with him (which they never do), saying that I wasn’t that far away from 18, and I’m a MASSIVE Beatles fan. He still wouldn’t let me in :D

The following people thank fabfouremily for this post:

Beatlebug

(Passover - I. Curtis)

29 March 2013
4.24pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2198sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said

What kind of tattoo are you getting now then?

And I’d love to see a picture of your sleeve! *hint* *hint*

30 March 2013
5.57am
LongHairedLady
Candlestick Park
Members

Linde said

LongHairedLady said

What kind of tattoo are you getting now then?

And I’d love to see a picture of your sleeve! *hint* *hint*

It’s going to be a piece with all 4 Beatles with the apple and “Love is all you need” in there.. hard to explain but the style is inspired by Fiona Fu’s beautiful style:

happy_69th_birthday_by_fionafu0402-d3j8c4s.jpgImage Enlarger

I can send you a pic when I get it if you’d like!a-hard-days-night-john-3  I’m getting it on Sunday!   a-hard-days-night-john-6

The following people thank LongHairedLady for this post:

Beatlebug

30 March 2013
7.05pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
2200sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I’d like to see a pic of it, too! :)

~witty quote~

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691