Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
23 February 2013
3.14am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2059
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2141sp_Permalink sp_Print

LongHairedLady said
I have a condition, that I like to call ‘Beatles Brain”.  heart  Their music is almost always in my head.  Sometimes it’s just McCartney brain, mostly when I am trying to escape reality, like at work… or just most of the time.

Sometimes I wonder because of my “Beatles Brain” do I make some of my Beatley moments happen. I mean some Beatley moments just happen, but others happen because I’m “that reminds me of The Beatles”.

23 February 2013
10.54pm
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1807
2142sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky090909 said

LongHairedLady said
I have a condition, that I like to call ‘Beatles Brain”.  heart  Their music is almost always in my head.  Sometimes it’s just McCartney brain, mostly when I am trying to escape reality, like at work… or just most of the time.

Sometimes I wonder because of my “Beatles Brain” do I make some of my Beatley moments happen. I mean some Beatley moments just happen, but others happen because I’m “that reminds me of The Beatles”.

Yeah, when I say something about something that reminds me of The Beatles, I’m usually the only one in the room who’s reminded of The Beatles.

Also known as Egg-Rock, Egg-Roll, E-George, Eggy, Ravioli, Eggroll Eggrolli...

~witty quote~

23 February 2013
11.40pm
Beatles in the Blood
Nowhere Land
Paris Olympia
Members
Forum Posts: 384
2143sp_Permalink sp_Print

When your dads friend tels you hes hooking you up with a Beatles tribute concert and you get really excited. Then you remember its not the real thing, and you cry, a lot

The Incedibly True Story THat Never Ends. By Sam.

Best Friend: WHat are you listening to

Me: The Beatles

Best Friend: Go Figure

24 February 2013
12.07am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members

Beatles in the Blood said
When your dads friend tels you hes hooking you up with a Beatles tribute concert and you get really excited. Then you remember its not the real thing, and you cry, a lot

I tried to get ticket to a Beatles tribute band yesterday. While I was little disappointed that I couldn’t get the tickets, but I know its not the real thing. Now had it been Ringo, which I did miss him twice when he came down here (I eventually saw him), or Paul and did not get the tickets I would broke into tears.

24 February 2013
1.25am
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2145sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s funny, I’m going to a Beatles tribute concert on my birthday.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

24 February 2013
10.22pm
Linde
The Netherlands
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2781
2146sp_Permalink sp_Print

I like it when people do a good cover of a Beatles song, but I know I couldn’t watch a Beatles tribute band. I just can’t stand it.

25 February 2013
4.11pm
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2147sp_Permalink sp_Print

When you lose track of time looking at Beatle pictures before work or school

Losing track of time looking up Beatle info

25 February 2013
4.17pm
parlance
Slaggers
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 7111
2148sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky090909 said
When you lose track of time looking at Beatle pictures before work or school

Losing track of time looking up Beatle info

Yep.

parlance

Beware of sadness. It can hit you. It can hurt you. Make you sore and what is more, that is not what you are here for. - George

Check out my fan video for Paul's song "Appreciate" at Vimeo or YouTube.

26 February 2013
4.21am
Sky999
On The Hill
Candlestick Park
Members
2149sp_Permalink sp_Print

When driving through hard rain showers, you put on The Beatles to calm you down.

26 February 2013
4.25am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
2150sp_Permalink sp_Print

sky090909 said
When driving through hard rain showers, you put on The Beatles to calm you down.

Reminds me of a time when I was at amusement park a few years ago… A friend and I were riding cars (rides, not real) that skidded all over the place because it was pouring. We kept singing Her Comes the Sun at the top of our lungs while ignoring the strange looks we got from other people. :)

~witty quote~

26 February 2013
10.27pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2151sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you play them for your puppy, and it makes you happy when she then sits up and starts wagging her tail (because obviously she’s a Beatles fan).

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

28 February 2013
2.42pm
Loony-Lucy
Italy
The Indra
Members
Forum Posts: 41
2152sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you try to imagine parodies of Sgt. Pepper ‘s cover with characters from various fandoms like Harry Potter or Donald Duck (I’m actually thinking of drawing a version with Disney ducks, but it would be hard work) :D

1 March 2013
12.57am
Egroeg Evoli
Across the universe
Candlestick Park
Members
2153sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said
You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you play them for your puppy, and it makes you happy when she then sits up and starts wagging her tail (because obviously she’s a Beatles fan).

Cute! :) heart

Loony-Lucy said
You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you try to imagine parodies of Sgt. Pepper ‘s cover with characters from various fandoms like Harry Potter or Donald Duck (I’m actually thinking of drawing a version with Disney ducks, but it would be hard work) :D

That sounds like a cool idea!

By the way, not sure if this fits here, but before I listened to the Beatles, I pronounced “raccoon” “raa-coon,” but after listening to Rocky Raccoon enough times, I started pronouncing it “ruh-coon,” like Paul does in the song.

~witty quote~

1 March 2013
12.03pm
Gerard
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 683
2154sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said

unknown said

Cute! :) heart

Loony-Lucy said

By the way, not sure if this fits here, but before I listened to the Beatles, I pronounced “raccoon” “raa-coon,” but after listening to Rocky Raccoon enough times, I started pronouncing it “ruh-coon,” like Paul does in the song.

Yep my pronunciation changed a lot as well, almost becoming used to speak non rhotically (not an actual word). Onions, from Paul McCartney ‘s mashed potatoes or Glass Onion , tomatoes from the original lyrics of With A Little Help From My Friends , evolution from Revolution and lots more  to mention. 

1 March 2013
8.23pm
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2155sp_Permalink sp_Print

Egroeg Evoli said

unknown said

Cute! :)heart

Yeah, she’s the cutest. a-hard-days-night-paul-7

1 March 2013
9.14pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444
2156sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you REFUSE to play with your puppy because puppy is a Stones fan who hates the Beatles!

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

1 March 2013
9.22pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5444

Loony-Lucy said

There’s a thread for this, if you haven’t seen it:

https://www.beatlesbible.com/f…..ew-splhcb/

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

2 March 2013
1.22am
RunForYourLife
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 153
2158sp_Permalink sp_Print

You can tell what year a picture is from by looking at the haircuts.

2 March 2013
7.19am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
2159sp_Permalink sp_Print

Loony-Lucy said

I don’t think Ringo would like the Donald Duck idea too much, because he dislikes the duck. a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

2 March 2013
1.36pm
Loony-Lucy
Italy
The Indra
Members
Forum Posts: 41
2160sp_Permalink sp_Print

unknown said

I don’t think Ringo would like the Donald Duck idea too much, because he dislikes the duck. a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

Really? I didn’t know that. a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5518
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24960, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694