Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
12 September 2012
5.16pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
2021sp_Permalink sp_Print

annab93 said

Speaking of religious demonstrations, I think it would be funny to invite the people into my house and serve it right back: “excuse me sir, do you have a few minutes to hear about the Beatles and the way they can help you see the light?” exaggeration I know, but I still think it would be funny.

Priceless! I am totally doing that next time someone knocks on my door to “show me the light”. apple01

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 September 2012
5.20pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
2022sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know, when they try to show me the light, I show them something else – the outside of my front door.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

12 September 2012
5.21pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5448
2023sp_Permalink sp_Print

More popular than etc…

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

12 September 2012
5.25pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2024sp_Permalink sp_Print

“You know, when they try to show me the light, I show them something else – the outside of my front door.”
Shades of “Fixing A Hole

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

12 September 2012
6.15pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2025sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

I’m Fixing A Hole where the freaks get in
To stop my soul from wandering
Where it will go

I’m filling the cracks that run through the door
To make those freaks keep wondering
Is he still home?

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

12 September 2012
6.44pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2026sp_Permalink sp_Print

Vintage Zig! (Awaiting SunKing’s follow-up)

12 September 2012
8.54pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2027sp_Permalink sp_Print

Well, if you want one… band, play me And Your Bird Can Sing

Tell me that you know all the secrets
I’ll tell you to leave
Cause I don’t care, I just don’t care
You say you’ve seen the Lord Almighty
I’ll tell you to get out
Cause I don’t care, I just don’t care
When your claims are disputed, will it bring you down
Knock on someone else’s door, I’m not around
You tell me you know the man upstairs
And I’ll just close the door
Cause I don’t care, I just don’t care.

12 September 2012
10.05pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2028sp_Permalink sp_Print

That’s the stuff!

13 September 2012
1.24am
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 117
2029sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said
You know, when they try to show me the light, I show them something else – the outside of my front door.

I couldn’t have put it better myself. I’ve already found the light. It’s different for everyone, I think.

You make your own dream.

25 September 2012
1.42am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
2030sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when…

…you create a Twitter account just so you can keep up with Paul, Ringo, and Yoko (I made one today, actually…). a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

…you’re given an assignment to write a seven-page argumentative paper on a controversial ad or picture and you choose this: two-virgins. You’ve never been so excited to write a paper in your life!

…you give a three-minute descriptive speech about The Beatles. a-hard-days-night-ringo-15

…while going around the room to discuss who your “hero” is, you answer with ‘John Lennon ‘ despite the trend of listing your parents. a-hard-days-night-john-1

…you’re pretty sure you’ve earned your familiar title as “that Beatles girl” in the month you’ve been on campus (so much for a new start, eh?). a-hard-days-night-george-10

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

25 September 2012
2.07am
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24950
2031sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said

…you’re given an assignment to write a seven-page argumentative paper on a controversial ad or picture and you choose this: two-virgins. You’ve never been so excited to write a paper in your life!

You have to quote Ringo’s “they even got the times right” from the Anthology. You wont get booted out for showing a naked pic will you. I can see some places being quite uppity on things like that. Oh and good luck. Do you have to listen to the album by the way?

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 September 2012
2.30am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
2032sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said

Dipsy said

You have to quote Ringo’s “they even got the times right” from the Anthology. You wont get booted out for showing a naked pic will you. I can see some places being quite uppity on things like that. Oh and good luck. Do you have to listen to the album by the way?

I’ve already ran it by my professor. ahdn_george_08 When we had individual conferences with her about our ideas for the paper, I made sure to bring the edited picture just in case it might make her uncomfortable. Thankfully, she wasn’t offended/disgusted in the least: she even told me she wanted the unedited version! Ironic, really, when you take into consideration the fact that I go to a Church of Christ university… a-hard-days-night-john-7 

Thanks for watching out for me, Mustard! ahdn_ringo_09And I do not have to listen to the album (thank goodness: I hear it’s just dreadful!).

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

25 September 2012
7.51pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2033sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said

…while going around the room to discuss who your “hero” is, you answer with ‘John Lennon ‘ despite the trend of listing your parents. a-hard-days-night-john-1

It stands to reason – your parents never put out a hit record.

I loved that quote from George in Anthology when he said that about their drawing a bigger Australian crowd than the Queen.

25 September 2012
8.04pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
2034sp_Permalink sp_Print

Zig said

Dipsy said

It stands to reason – your parents never put out a hit record.

Exactly. It only makes sense for a musical genius to be your hero when music is your passion. You should’ve seen the looks I got when I ended up being the only person to list someone other than a relative, especially since I was the last person to answer. It went a little something like this: “My mom, my dad, my dad, my aunt, my mom, my grandmother…John Lennon “. *cue astonished looks* a-hard-days-night-john-6

25 September 2012
8.29pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2035sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for watching out for me, Mustard! And I do not have to listen to the album (thank goodness: I hear it’s just dreadful!).

YKYaHBFW…You actually OWN this record! (and have actually played it 3 or 4 times)(I keep it filed next to the other Ono records)

25 September 2012
9.54pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2036sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said
Thanks for watching out for me, Mustard! And I do not have to listen to the album (thank goodness: I hear it’s just dreadful!).

YKYaHBFW…You actually OWN this record! (and have actually played it 3 or 4 times)(I keep it filed next to the other Ono records)

I dont get the what VB wrote. What is YKYaHBFW and you owns what record? Two Virgins ? Is YKYaHBFW a record?

If this blatantly obvious i have a bootleg of IATW with numberous takes and mixes but little details and im trying to figure out if anything is new or missing from my collection. Its so confusing.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

25 September 2012
9.57pm
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
2037sp_Permalink sp_Print

YKYaHBFW= You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when…
And he’s referring to owning Two Virgins .

25 September 2012
11.00pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2038sp_Permalink sp_Print

Thanks for the clarification/sorry for the confusion, Messrs S. & M. :) :(

25 September 2012
11.38pm
meanmistermustard
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
2039sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said
Thanks for the clarification/sorry for the confusion, Messrs S. & M. :):(

Messers S. & M.a-hard-days-night-ringo-6 That doesnt read as innocent as it was meant.

26 September 2012
12.03am
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2040sp_Permalink sp_Print

I was too lazy to type ‘MMM’ and ‘SKCT’…maybe I should just avoid the acronyms altogether?

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22213, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691