Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
17 August 2012
7.03pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5445
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Zig said

…you hear Aerosmith’s version of “Come Together ” on the radio and you turn it off.

Aw, I like their version. (They introduced me to the song, in fact!) Aerosmith were a fine band, long long ago. They and Earth, Wind & Fire were about the only good things on that stupid movie soundtrack

I generally have mixed feelings about Beatles covers – even if I hear a lousy one, a small part of me says “oh well, at least they’ve got TASTE. (Too bad they couldn’t have just shown their appreciation for the song by posting about it on the appropriate Beatlesbible Forum thread!)”

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

17 August 2012
7.25pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
2002sp_Permalink sp_Print

You wear one of these because it makes you feel like John Lennon /Bob Dylan, and you know you must be the cool kid on campus for doing so (well…I have gotten some compliments…). a-hard-days-night-george-10

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

18 August 2012
7.51am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2003sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when your grandpa calls you on your birthday and sings Happy X-Mas (War Is Over), but changes the words so it’s a birthday song.

Also, when your cousin likes Guns N Roses version of Live And Let Die better than Paul’s, for some reason it kind of upsets you.paul-mccartney

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

19 August 2012
3.22am
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
2004sp_Permalink sp_Print

vonbontee said

Zig said

…you hear Aerosmith’s version of “Come Together ” on the radio and you turn it off.

Aw, I like their version. (They introduced me to the song, in fact!) Aerosmith were a fine band, long long ago.

Don’t get me wrong von – I think they do a decent job with the song. It’s just a case of having the original in the iPod on demand and having zero motivation to listen to their version.  

And yes, Aerosmith used to be a fantastic band…then the eighties happened. Yikes. Their first 5 albums absolutely rocked.

The following people thank Zig for this post:

vonbontee

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

19 August 2012
3.36am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
2005sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Zig – that line about the 80’s happening applies to basically every single started big in the 70’s band (Bruce, Aerosmith, The Clash etc.).

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

19 August 2012
4.13pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2006sp_Permalink sp_Print

…3 good examples, mr. S – I agree.

A lot of people liked those 3 acts in the 80’s. If someone liked the music they put out during that decade, so be it – more power to them. It just wasn’t what I expected from those 3 bands based on their prior output. Just my taste, I guess.

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

29 August 2012
1.41am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
2007sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when your Story of Jesus professor asks you what God means to you, and you reallyyy want to answer with “Why, God is a concept by which we measure our pain”. a-hard-days-night-john-1

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

29 August 2012
2.11am
FlyOn13
New Jersey, USA
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 198
2008sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when your Story of Jesus professor asks you what God means to you, and you reallyyy want to answer with “Why, God is a concept by which we measure our pain”. a-hard-days-night-john-1

Haha…and then follow it up with a performance of My Sweet Lord . a-hard-days-night-george-10

“I was special. I always have been. Why didn't anyone notice me?"
-John Lennon

29 August 2012
2.44am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
2009sp_Permalink sp_Print

FlyOn13 said

Dipsy said

Haha…and then follow it up with a performance of My Sweet Lord . a-hard-days-night-george-10

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8That would be rather ironic…lol. a-hard-days-night-john-7

29 August 2012
4.49am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
2010sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I did that when my neighbor woke up my Dad with his very very very loud Christian music on a Sunday at 6am. blue-meanieblue-meanie
I played God and My Sweet Lord back to back like for 10 minutes. He has never tried to do that again.

I don’t mind if you listen to Christian or whatever music you want. Please, just don’t do it in hours when you’re supposed to be sleeping. ahdn_george_05

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

29 August 2012
5.54am
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
2011sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I did that when my neighbor woke up my Dad with his very very very loud Christian music on a Sunday at 6am. blue-meanieblue-meanie
I played God and My Sweet Lord back to back like for 10 minutes. He has never tried to do that again.

That’s hilarious, Mith. ahdn_george_08 I’ve actually considered excusing myself to blast “God ” when I had people come to my house to try to convert me to whatever denomination of Christianity they represented that day. I’ve often thought it would have the same effect. a-hard-days-night-george-10 But I’m too considerate of their emotions to do so…(but that doesn’t mean I don’t picture it!).

29 August 2012
4.49pm
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5456
2012sp_Permalink sp_Print

Aren’t you afraid people will get the wrong idea? “You don’t believe in BEATLES?”

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

31 August 2012
4.09am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
2013sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said
a-hard-days-night-ringo-8 I did that when my neighbor woke up my Dad with his very very very loud Christian music on a Sunday at 6am.

I don’t mind if you listen to Christian or whatever music you want. Please, just don’t do it in hours when you’re supposed to be sleeping. 

LOL! That’s pretty funny. When people text me those forwards about God , I like to respond with “Well God isn’t real anyways, so you might as well just kill yourself.” That’s not my actual thoughts on it, but I get some pretty funny responses with that.

Anyways, YKYAHBFW you’re at the bookstore and there’s this huge Stones book, so you open it to a random page and it’s a picture of them with Paul and Linda, and you’re convinced it’s not coincidence. ahdn_paul_02

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

3 September 2012
2.51am
Holsety
God Only Knows
Members
Forum Posts: 263
2014sp_Permalink sp_Print

You incorporate Beatles lyrics into dialogue in an English essay. 

Yes, I did.

Please don't wake me, no don't shake me, leave me where I am, I'm only sleeping~.

3 September 2012
12.45pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
2015sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you are a hardcore Beatles fan when, in a Sunday Ottawa Sun two page spread, count the errors in the timeline and bios above the article. Notable errors include (this isn’t anywhere close to the total – I’m nowhere close to the article).
George Harrison is said to have died on November 26, 2001. He died on the 29th.
Magical Mystery Tour was said to be released in the UK in November. It was December (I believe the 8th).
The Beatles’ first German tour was said to take place in 1961. Their first Hamburg stay was 1960.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

4 September 2012
6.56pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2016sp_Permalink sp_Print

…someone mentions Apple Corporation and you think Beatles rather than computers.

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

11 September 2012
7.52pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2017sp_Permalink sp_Print

…while watching television, the volume is set at a number divisible by nine. 9, 18, 27, 36, etc….

I even have my wife doing it now!

11 September 2012
8.02pm
Von Bontee
Apple rooftop
Members
2018sp_Permalink sp_Print

…you can’t name any hymns apart from “My Sweet Lord

11 September 2012
8.40pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
2019sp_Permalink sp_Print

Von Bontee said
…you can’t name any hymns apart from “My Sweet Lord

Hear Me Lord ” is not a hymn?

12 September 2012
12.23am
annab93
Over the Rainbow
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 117
2020sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said

mithveaen said

That’s hilarious, Mith. ahdn_george_08 I’ve actually considered excusing myself to blast “God ” when I had people come to my house to try to convert me to whatever denomination of Christianity they represented that day. I’ve often thought it would have the same effect. a-hard-days-night-george-10 But I’m too considerate of their emotions to do so…(but that doesn’t mean I don’t picture it!).

Speaking of religious demonstrations, I think it would be funny to invite the people into my house and serve it right back: “excuse me sir, do you have a few minutes to hear about the Beatles and the way they can help you see the light?” exaggeration I know, but I still think it would be funny.

And how do I know that I’m a hardcore Beatles fan…well, I know more about them than my mom and she grew up in the height of Beatlemania, I have hearts and peace signs drawn in on my calendar on John’s birthday, and whenever I wear my Hard Day’s Night shirt it always lifts my spirits.a-hard-days-night-george-9

You make your own dream.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5519
Newest Members:
katybphoto, sleeptalker, Lovethebeatles, vtrop, nickygrangery
Moderators: Joe: 5694, meanmistermustard: 24964, Ahhh Girl: 22221, Beatlebug: 18182, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5694