Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
27 July 2012
5.53am
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
1981sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-john-3 I can’t see the pics!!

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

27 July 2012
8.03pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Royal Command Performance
Members
Forum Posts: 238
1982sp_Permalink sp_Print

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8I was afraid that might happen: I had a terrible time of posting the pictures where even I could see them–I can’t tell you how many times I had to edit that post…

Perhaps these will work for you, Mith? I personally can’t see them; but that may be a good sign, considering I was able to see the pictures in my previous post while you couldn’t. Hail to reverse theories!

[Image Can Not Be Found]
[Image Can Not Be Found]

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

1 August 2012
7.43pm
Joe
Pepperland
Admin
Forum Posts: 5690
1983sp_Permalink sp_Print

You’re trying to show .pdf files, which can’t be displayed as images. Try posting jpgs or gifs.

Can buy me love! Please consider supporting the Beatles Bible on Amazon
Or buy my paperback/ebook! Riding So High – The Beatles and Drugs

Don't miss The Bowie Bible – now live!

2 August 2012
7.35pm
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
1984sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said
When you’re fairly certain that there will be mention of how much you loved The Beatles at your funeral.

I love it!!

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

2 August 2012
7.53pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8Thanks, Zig!a-hard-days-night-ringo-10

Joe said
You’re trying to show .pdf files, which can’t be displayed as images. Try posting jpgs or gifs.

Unfortunately, Joe, I’m extraordinarily technologically ignorant. I have a Mac that uploads all of my pictures from iPhoto; but, for some reason, I don’t think iPhoto automatically saves my files as either of those two formats. I actually kind of cheated around that misfortune and uploaded my pictures to Facebook and then turned around and shared them on the website (sneaky, sneaky!). Thanks for the helpful information and all, but I have no idea what else I can do to properly post my pictures–like I said, I’m very stupid when it comes to technology… ahdn_paul_01

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know? I'm just one of those people."

2 August 2012
8.56pm
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
1986sp_Permalink sp_Print

I upload whatever photos I want to Picasa (or whatever the google photo album thing is called). It tends to work.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

3 August 2012
4.43am
I Look at the floor and I see it needs sweeping
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 24
1987sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you think you start having Beatles withdrawals and spend the entire rest of the day watching Beatles interviews to cure the withdrawals. paul-mccartney THERE’S NEVER ENOUGH BEATLES.

3 August 2012
8.52am
fabfouremily
Sitting in an English garden
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2929
1988sp_Permalink sp_Print

I got withdrawal symptons after being away for two weeks with NO INTERNET!!! When you’re away no internet = NO BEATLES!!! Never again.

Moving along in our God given ways, safety is sat by the fire/Sanctuary from these feverish smiles, left with a mark on the door.

(Passover - I. Curtis)

13 August 2012
6.49am
Little Piggy Dragonguy
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4141
1989sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you’re at a restaurant and you don’t even notice there is music being played until a Paul McCartney song comes on (Dance Tonight).

All living things must abide by the laws of the shape they inhabit 

14 August 2012
6.28pm
Dipsy
Turned left at Greenland
Members
1990sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you’ve lived in a college dorm for less than twenty-four hours and your suite mates have already uncovered your Beatles love–without you telling them about it.

14 August 2012
7.49pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5441
1991sp_Permalink sp_Print

…you hear or read about some new bit of music recording technology and your first thought is “What a load of crap, the Beatles didn’t need all these useless gimmicks!” (Unless, alternately, you encounter something new that sounds really cool, in which case your reaction is “Wow, that’s amazing – just imagine what the Beatles could’ve done with that!”)

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

14 August 2012
8.40pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
1992sp_Permalink sp_Print

Dipsy said
You know you’re a hardcore Beatles fan when you’ve lived in a college dorm for less than twenty-four hours and your suite mates have already uncovered your Beatles love–without you telling them about it.

The Beatles toilet paper is probably what gave it away…a-hard-days-night-ringo-6

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

14 August 2012
9.25pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
1993sp_Permalink sp_Print

!!!

I would think that THAT particular item would be intended for hardcore Beatles HATERS, myself…

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

offtopic-1.png

14 August 2012
9.35pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944
1994sp_Permalink sp_Print

EMI toilet paper from the ’60s is quite a collectable nowadays. Who’s to say a supposed beatle’s toilet paper wont be available thru auction at some point new or used. Already we’ve had a piece of Georges toast (although George is said to always eat his toast complete) and one of Johns teeth.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

14 August 2012
9.37pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
1995sp_Permalink sp_Print

meanmistermustard said
EMI toilet paper from the ’60s is quite a collectable nowadays. Who’s to say a supposed beatle’s toilet paper wont be available thru auction at some point new or used. Already we’ve had a piece of Georges toast (although George is said to always eat his toast complete) and one of Johns teeth.

And John’s old toilet….

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cul…..bilia.html

14 August 2012
9.41pm
meanmistermustard
Thankfully not where I am.
Members

Reviewers

Moderators
Forum Posts: 24944

a-hard-days-night-ringo-8And Two Virgins was up for sale during the same auction. How appropriate. Some crap and a toilet.

"I told you everything I could about me, Told you everything I could" ('Before Believing' - Emmylou Harris)

17 August 2012
3.27am
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 6402
1997sp_Permalink sp_Print

…You have an intense internal debate about whether this is funny:

We live in a country where John Lennon takes eight bullets, Yoko Ono is walking right beside him and not one hits her. Explain that to me!

Honestly, I say it’s hilarious, but it was Denis Leary, so it might offend some.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

17 August 2012
2.38pm
Zig
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
1998sp_Permalink sp_Print

…you hear Aerosmith’s version of “Come Together ” on the radio and you turn it off.

17 August 2012
6.45pm
Eilwynn
A bridge by a fountain, where rocking-horse people eat marshmallow pies
Casbah Coffee Club
Members
Forum Posts: 22
1999sp_Permalink sp_Print

1. You risk dorm room fees just to hang up posters of the Beatles on your new wall for the next nine months.

2. Your relatives, who never know what to get you, know that their new go-to default is anything Beatles-related.

3. Your latest Beatles book finally gets here and life around you automatically turns off for the rest of the day.  None of it ever happened.

4. The only framed things you own have the Beatles in them.

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love."

- Dr. Seuss

17 August 2012
7.00pm
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
2000sp_Permalink sp_Print

mr. Sun king coming together said

…You have an intense internal debate about whether this is funny:

We live in a country where John Lennon takes eight bullets, Yoko Ono is walking right beside him and not one hits her. Explain that to me!

Honestly, I say it’s hilarious, but it was Denis Leary, so it might offend some.

I’ve heard Leary do that joke before, and I always think it’s funny. (And most of you KNOW that I’m a Yoko-booster on this site, so my approval is notable!)

offtopic-1.png

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2858
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5508
Newest Members:
jsullivan2112_1, catadorademusica, Slowhand, mirrortime, Julie
Moderators: Joe: 5690, meanmistermustard: 24944, Ahhh Girl: 22198, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5690