Please consider registering
Guest
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope


Match



Forum Options



Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when...
16 October 2010
6.42pm
Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2702
Member Since:
9 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
181sp_Permalink sp_Print

These are words that go together well said:

mithveaen said:

These are words that go together well said:

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when your mum gives you $100 to spend at second-hand clothes stores and you come home with $10 left, a t-shirt and a framed Beatles memorabilia thing from a frame shop.


The story of my life. a-hard-days-night-ringo-12

 


I just can't help it! I was never going to see it again so I bought it 😀

When I finally told her she breathed heavily for a few seconds and told me to buy my lunch (we were in the food court at the local mall so she couldn't blow up).

I sat down with my sushi to find her scratching a lottery scratch card thing and it cost $10. She won nothing. Then I got on her case like “Oh and you call me a careless spender. At least I got some framed eye-candy. You have a ripped up piece of cardboard, a 10 cent coin in your hand and scratchie shavings all over the table.”
 

I told that bitch.


That sounds rather mean. I know I wouldn't ever get on my mother's case like that! The closest I've ever been to telling my mom off was one day when I went to get a glass of water. I found that the water pitcher had had its lid put on backwards, and said, “What idiot put the lid to the water on backwards?” My mom looked up and said, “The same idiot who happens to be the only one who ever bothers to refill the water pitcher.” I was so embarrassed!

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

16 October 2010
10.50pm
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Well when you're a teen is normal to feel like that. Nevertheless, calling your Mom bitch is a mean. Of course, it's just my opinion…. a-hard-days-night-paul-2

 

That's why I love being an adult. When my Dad told me “You spend too much money on CDs and movies” I just replied him “Well, Dad, I'm so sorry for saying this.. but I make my own living… don't I?” and he just chuckled and said “You're absolutely right”. a-hard-days-night-john-1

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

17 October 2010
4.21am
Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 2702
Member Since:
9 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
183sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said:

Well when you're a teen is normal to feel like that. Nevertheless, calling your Mom bitch is a mean. Of course, it's just my opinion…. a-hard-days-night-paul-2

 

That's why I love being an adult. When my Dad told me “You spend too much money on CDs and movies” I just replied him “Well, Dad, I'm so sorry for saying this.. but I make my own living… don't I?” and he just chuckled and said “You're absolutely right”. a-hard-days-night-john-1


What about when you had that dream when he didn't want you to marry Paul? a-hard-days-night-george-10 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

17 October 2010
11.55am
Avatar
These are words that go together well
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia.
London Palladium
Members
Forum Posts: 112
Member Since:
30 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
184sp_Permalink sp_Print

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

These are words that go together well said:

mithveaen said:

These are words that go together well said:

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when your mum gives you $100 to spend at second-hand clothes stores and you come home with $10 left, a t-shirt and a framed Beatles memorabilia thing from a frame shop.


The story of my life. a-hard-days-night-ringo-12
 


I just can't help it! I was never going to see it again so I bought it 😀
 

When I finally told her she breathed heavily for a few seconds and told me to buy my lunch (we were in the food court at the local mall so she couldn't blow up).

I sat down with my sushi to find her scratching a lottery scratch card thing and it cost $10. She won nothing. Then I got on her case like “Oh and you call me a careless spender. At least I got some framed eye-candy. You have a ripped up piece of cardboard, a 10 cent coin in your hand and scratchie shavings all over the table.”

I told that bitch.


That sounds rather mean. I know I wouldn't ever get on my mother's case like that! The closest I've ever been to telling my mom off was one day when I went to get a glass of water. I found that the water pitcher had had its lid put on backwards, and said, “What idiot put the lid to the water on backwards?” My mom looked up and said, “The same idiot who happens to be the only one who ever bothers to refill the water pitcher.” I was so embarrassed!
 


Oh haha what most people never seem to be able to understand is that my mother and I are like a couple of teenage girls who are best friends. We greet each other with insults and she tells me what to say back to prank callers a-hard-days-night-john-6. It's a fun life but she doesn't mind so much now that I bought the memorabilia thing because it looks tasteful and she got the point when I told her about the scratchies haha.

But yes, that did sound rather mean. If she saw this she would probably just laugh and give me a hug a-hard-days-night-george-8

asdfghjkl;;lkjhgfdsa;alskdjfhga;sldkfjgh

17 October 2010
5.47pm
Avatar
skye
AZ
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2239
Member Since:
13 November 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
185sp_Permalink sp_Print

My mom and sister are like that. But one time my sister jokingly called my mom a whore. Yeah, there's a reason you don't do that. neil-aspinall

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

17 October 2010
10.15pm
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MeanMrs.Mustard said:

What about when you had that dream when he didn't want you to marry Paul? a-hard-days-night-george-10


Ah it's because in Dad's opinion, the Beatles are just a bunch of dirty smelly rock singers who did a lot of drugs. Actually nobody is good enough for his little baby (that's me). a-hard-days-night-john-1

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

18 October 2010
12.42am
Avatar
Mrs. Taxman
The marketplace
Decca
Members
Forum Posts: 87
Member Since:
18 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
187sp_Permalink sp_Print

skye said:

My mom and sister are like that. But one time my sister jokingly called my mom a whore. Yeah, there's a reason you don't do that. neil-aspinall

 


this made my day 🙂 (sry if ur sister got in trouble)

"Fighting for peace is like f—ing for virginity." John Lennon

18 October 2010
12.46am
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
188sp_Permalink sp_Print

You're a hardcore Beatles fan when your students don't ask you which costume you choose, but which Beatle costume you chose.

 

And they're right because my sisters are making me a Paul's Sgt Pepper jacket I'm wearing with a miniskirt and black boots.. yay!! a-hard-days-night-paul-5

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

18 October 2010
12.49am
Avatar
Mrs. Taxman
The marketplace
Decca
Members
Forum Posts: 87
Member Since:
18 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
189sp_Permalink sp_Print

mithveaen said:

You're a hardcore Beatles fan when your students don't ask you which costume you choose, but which Beatle costume you chose.

 

And they're right because my sisters are making me a Paul's Sgt Pepper jacket I'm wearing with a miniskirt and black boots.. yay!! a-hard-days-night-paul-5


ok u are definitely the coolest teacher i know <3

"Fighting for peace is like f—ing for virginity." John Lennon

18 October 2010
5.56am
Avatar
TheOneBeatle
Here, There And Everywhere
Hollywood Bowl
Members
Forum Posts: 678
Member Since:
10 November 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
190sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you know every song of The Beatles and you can sing it or at least a bit of it…(including unreleased). (I know most of the songs, and some others i know the music but not the lyrics except the title).

a-hard-days-night-john-6 I'm a beatle fan forever. a-hard-days-night-george-10a-hard-days-night-john-7a-hard-days-night-ringo-4a-hard-days-night-paul-10

Let me take you down 'cause I'm going to...Strawberry Fields.

18 October 2010
2.30pm
sarah machinella
Shea Stadium
Members
Forum Posts: 875
Member Since:
8 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
191sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you're watching a match, you hear the commentators “Brilliant cross in from Pondeljak to Hernandez… Unmarked” and in your head you add “Not a mark on 'em, eh?” a-hard-days-night-john-6

19 October 2010
2.54pm
Avatar
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5470
Member Since:
14 December 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
192sp_Permalink sp_Print

Paulrus said:

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when you're watching a match, you hear the commentators “Brilliant cross in from Pondeljak to Hernandez… Unmarked” and in your head you add “Not a mark on 'em, eh?” a-hard-days-night-john-6


Haha, I have NO idea what the hell that means! Is that a quote from “Help !” and a socc…uh, football  reference?

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

         

19 October 2010
4.14pm
Avatar
Von Bontee
496 km NW of the '69 Toronto Rock n Roll Revival
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5470
Member Since:
14 December 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
193sp_Permalink sp_Print

You know you're a hardcore Beatles fan when…

…you buy a bottle of scotch (instead of your usual rye, Canadian Club) just so you can finally try that classic Beatles favourite, the scotch and Coke. (Actually did this for real just last night! OK, it was actually Pepsi.)

Paul: Yeah well… first of all, we’re bringing out a ‘Stamp Out Detroit’ campaign.

         

19 October 2010
8.57pm
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
194sp_Permalink sp_Print

.. a student enters to your classroom singing Strawberry Fields Forever and she stops in the chorus and then you start “Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see” and continue singing until everybody is in their seats and start the class.

 

(BTW The girl didn't notice I continued the song)

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

19 October 2010
10.36pm
Avatar
MrBig
Rapture, Atlantic Ocean
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 1050
Member Since:
4 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
195sp_Permalink sp_Print

…you think John says “The world can lick my balls” in Yer Blues

"The best band? The Beatles. The most overrated band? The Beatles."

20 October 2010
4.32am
Avatar
RainyDayWoman
A Beginning
Members
Forum Posts: 9
Member Since:
29 August 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
196sp_Permalink sp_Print

when you get especially in the Halloween spirit and carve a pumpkin like this: Image Enlarger

20 October 2010
9.10pm
Avatar
vonbontee
Inside Von Bontee's mind
Apple rooftop
Members
Forum Posts: 5469
Member Since:
1 December 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
197sp_Permalink sp_Print

I am in awe!

GEORGE: In fact, The Detroit Sound. JOHN: In fact, yes. GEORGE: In fact, yeah. Tamla-Motown artists are our favorites. The Miracles. JOHN: We like Marvin Gaye. GEORGE: The Impressions PAUL & GEORGE: Mary Wells. GEORGE: The Exciters. RINGO: Chuck Jackson. JOHN: To name but eighty. 

         offtopic-1.png

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Myo.....Von_Bontee

21 October 2010
4.21am
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Members
Forum Posts: 4621
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
198sp_Permalink sp_Print

RainyDayWoman said:

when you get especially in the Halloween spirit and carve a pumpkin like this: Image Enlarger


Awesome!!!!!!! Man.. I wonder if I can carve one like this for my Halloween's class!! a-hard-days-night-ringo-8

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

21 October 2010
2.12pm
Avatar
skye
AZ
Candlestick Park
Members
Forum Posts: 2239
Member Since:
13 November 2009
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
199sp_Permalink sp_Print

You have a Halloween class?

Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo! So little time! So much to know!

21 October 2010
4.22pm
Avatar
Zig
The Toppermost of the Poppermost
Apple rooftop
Members

Reviewers
Forum Posts: 9832
Member Since:
14 April 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline
200sp_Permalink sp_Print

I imagine Halloween Class going something like this…

Teacher: “OK Johnny, your turn.”

Johnny: “Trick or Treat”  **then presses imaginary doorbell**

Teacher: “No, no, no Johnny. Do it like we practised!”

To the fountain of perpetual mirth, let it roll for all its worth. And all the children boogie.

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online:
Guest(s) 1
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8046
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2880
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5523
Posts: 380850
Newest Members:
tmaxwell1259@gmail.com, tommytones, Glenn pittman, elbeatlero, ltrond
Moderators: Joe: 5695, meanmistermustard: 24967, Ahhh Girl: 22281, Beatlebug: 18183, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5695