Please consider registering
Guest

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —






— Match —





— Forum Options —





Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Lennon vs McCartney debate
No permission to create posts
13 June 2011
11.34pm
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6429
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I feel this needs a revival. I still say Paul, because, he just was more consistent. And consistency means more to me then flash.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

14 June 2011
12.47am
Avatar
StrawberryLakiesha
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 442
Member Since:
3 March 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MeanMrsMustard said:

Well, if it's a hotness contest, it's kind of obvious that John blew Paul away... 

WHAAAAAT?  BY GUM HE DID NOT!

 

Well I'd say that Paul was better than John becuase I think that Paul's solo career is much better than John's. Also, becuase Paul was the biggest in Revolver, Pepper's and Abbey Road which are my favorite albums ever!

ONE MINUTE YOU'RE DEFENDING THE WHOLE GALAXY, AND SUDDENLY, YOU FIND YOURSELF SUCKING DOWN DARJEELING WITH MARIE ANTOINETTE AND HER LITTLE SISTER.!

14 June 2011
12.51am
Avatar
The Walrus
Working for the national health
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1024
Member Since:
4 December 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mr. Sun king coming together said:

I feel this needs a revival. I still say Paul, because, he just was more consistent. And consistency means more to me then flash.

I don't think Paul was more consistent. In fact, my main bug bear with Paul was that he was capable of writing excellent songs, but wrote a load of dirth to go with it.

If I rated every Beatles song from Rubber Soul onwards (when they started writing seperately a lot more) on a scale of 1-10, I reckon John would average a high 7 and Paul a high 6, maybe.

1+(1+1)=3

And I neeeeeeeeed her all the time

14 June 2011
1.50am
Avatar
Nancys Man
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 25
Member Since:
13 June 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

StrawberryLakiesha said:

MeanMrsMustard said:

Well, if it's a hotness contest, it's kind of obvious that John blew Paul away... 

WHAAAAAT?  BY GUM HE DID NOT!

 I LOVE THAT WEBSITE! I go on it like every day, I think it's so cool how it knows, right? Also, Paul's waaaay hotter than John, and there were no times where he wasn't!paul-mccartney

 

I'd have to go with Paul, though becuase I like his music best.(Although subconsciously, his looks might be another reason why I'd go with Paula-hard-days-night-george-10

14 June 2011
2.04am
Avatar
MeanMrsMustard
Nowhere Land
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 2716
Member Since:
9 June 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Your point has been refuted. 

If I seem to act unkind, it's only me, it's not my mind that is confusing things.

14 June 2011
2.08am
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6429
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The Walrus said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

I feel this needs a revival. I still say Paul, because, he just was more consistent. And consistency means more to me then flash.

I don't think Paul was more consistent. In fact, my main bug bear with Paul was that he was capable of writing excellent songs, but wrote a load of dirth to go with it.

John had highs (SFF, ADITL, Help!, Walrus) but some lows as well (It's Only Love, Doctor Robert) so Paul had few bad songs.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

14 June 2011
2.10am
Avatar
Nancys Man
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 25
Member Since:
13 June 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

MeanMrsMustard said:

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Your point has been refuted. 

Image Enlarger

 

Image Enlarger

No it has not!paul-mccartney

14 June 2011
2.11am
Avatar
Nancys Man
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 25
Member Since:
13 June 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mr. Sun king coming together said:

The Walrus said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

I feel this needs a revival. I still say Paul, because, he just was more consistent. And consistency means more to me then flash.

I don't think Paul was more consistent. In fact, my main bug bear with Paul was that he was capable of writing excellent songs, but wrote a load of dirth to go with it.

John had highs (SFF, ADITL, Help!, Walrus) but some lows as well (It's Only Love, Doctor Robert) so Paul had few bad songs.

You mean with the Beatles, right?

14 June 2011
2.24am
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6429
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Nancys Man said:

MeanMrsMustard said:

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Your point has been refuted. 

Image Enlarger

 

Image Enlarger

No it has not!paul-mccartney

How about we say George was hottest and be done with it?

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

14 June 2011
2.26am
Avatar
Nancys Man
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 25
Member Since:
13 June 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mr. Sun king coming together said:

Nancys Man said:

MeanMrsMustard said:

Image Enlarger

Image Enlarger

Your point has been refuted. 

Image Enlarger

 

Image Enlarger

No it has not!paul-mccartney

How about we say George was hottest and be done with it?

You know, I kinda think he was.. Paul was more consistently good looking though, so does that count?

14 June 2011
2.27am
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6429
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I couldn't care less about how you use your brainpower, but I haven't a clue.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

14 June 2011
2.52am
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 4618
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

That Paul pic... my my my my my..... be still my heart... a-hard-days-night-george-6

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

14 June 2011
2.55am
Avatar
GniknuS
Rain? I don't mind
Candlestick Park
Forum Posts: 1327
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

I think Paul was more valuable but John was better.
Ringo was easily the best looking though, just ask Prudence.

I sat on a rug, biding my time, drinking her wine

14 June 2011
3.01am
Avatar
mr. Sun king coming together
Nowhere Land
Apple rooftop
Forum Posts: 6429
Member Since:
19 September 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Someone better make a hotness thread. Let them sceel in peace.

As if it matters how a man falls down.'

'When the fall's all that's left, it matters a great deal.

14 June 2011
3.03am
Avatar
Nancys Man
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 25
Member Since:
13 June 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Ringo was the cutest

14 June 2011
3.04am
Avatar
mithveaen
Sitarday's room
Rishikesh
Forum Posts: 4618
Member Since:
1 May 2010
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Oh sorry. It's just that I think it's hard to say who's better...

Here comes the sun….. Scoobie-doobie……

Something in the way she moves…..attracts me like a cauliflower…

Bop. Bop, cat bop. Go, Johnny, Go.

Beware of Darkness… 

14 June 2011
3.05am
Avatar
Nancys Man
Casbah Coffee Club
Forum Posts: 25
Member Since:
13 June 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Sceel? You mean squeal?

14 June 2011
4.58am
Avatar
StrawberryLakiesha
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 442
Member Since:
3 March 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Nancys Man said:

Sceel? You mean squeal?

Yeah, I think so, becuase if I'm knowingly correct then I'd say that sceel ain't a word, probably, right?

ONE MINUTE YOU'RE DEFENDING THE WHOLE GALAXY, AND SUDDENLY, YOU FIND YOURSELF SUCKING DOWN DARJEELING WITH MARIE ANTOINETTE AND HER LITTLE SISTER.!

14 June 2011
5.50am
Avatar
Till There Was You
:^)
Paris Olympia
Forum Posts: 390
Member Since:
19 March 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

mr. Sun king coming together said:

John had highs (SFF, ADITL, Help!, Walrus) but some lows as well (It's Only Love, Doctor Robert) so Paul had few bad songs.

Okay, so, I obviously didn't read this whole thread through, but I saw that. I actually like those songs (though, it might sound fan girly of me).

I think that Paul had some bad songs...and he gave most of them away. Or, at least, he made a good version, and the artists he gave them to butchered them. I like his version of "Like Dreamer's Do" a lot better than the Applejacks version. Same as "Hello Little Girl" when compared to the Fourmost's version.

I salute the lady who screamed "I love you Paul!" at a tribute band's concert.

14 June 2011
7.23am
Avatar
StrawberryLakiesha
Ed Sullivan Show
Forum Posts: 442
Member Since:
3 March 2011
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Till There Was You said:

mr. Sun king coming together said:

John had highs (SFF, ADITL, Help!, Walrus) but some lows as well (It's Only Love, Doctor Robert) so Paul had few bad songs.

Okay, so, I obviously didn't read this whole thread through, but I saw that. I actually like those songs (though, it might sound fan girly of me).

I think that Paul had some bad songs...and he gave most of them away. Or, at least, he made a good version, and the artists he gave them to butchered them. I like his version of "Like Dreamer's Do" a lot better than the Applejacks version. Same as "Hello Little Girl" when compared to the Fourmost's version.

So did you go with John then?

ONE MINUTE YOU'RE DEFENDING THE WHOLE GALAXY, AND SUDDENLY, YOU FIND YOURSELF SUCKING DOWN DARJEELING WITH MARIE ANTOINETTE AND HER LITTLE SISTER.!

No permission to create posts
Forum Timezone: America/Chicago

Most Users Ever Online: 597

Currently Online: c64wood, Starr Shine?, The Hippie Chick, William Shears Campbell
104 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

Starr Shine?: 12540

Silly Girl: 8793

parlance: 7065

mr. Sun king coming together: 6429

Mr. Kite: 6131

trcanberra: 5894

Ron Nasty: 5651

Necko: 5629

mithveaen: 4618

AppleScruffJunior: 4071

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 87

Members: 2128

Moderators: 4

Admins: 2

Forum Stats:

Groups: 3

Forums: 42

Topics: 4032

Posts: 230803

Newest Members:

ash arnold, heyjudethenovel, Brentfamily10, raeger, Glimik

Moderators: Ahhh Girl: 12631, meanmistermustard: 19340, Zig: 8772, Joe: 4558

Administrators: Joe: 4558, Ellie: 4

Members Birthdays
sp_BirthdayIcon
Today: None
Upcoming: davedrum, dropT, mariconsoy