Please consider registering
sp_LogInOut Log Insp_Registration Register
Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search
Forum Scope

Match

Forum Options

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters
sp_Feed sp_TopicIcon
The Beatles Touring in 1970's
9 January 2021
7.11am
alittlebitolder
There Is A Place
Carnegie Hall
Members
Forum Posts: 524
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

Of course, this topic is another ‘what if?’ discussion.

If The Beatles had stayed together and decided to tour, say in the early-mid 70s, how do we think they would do? The Stones and The Who seem to have earned a lot of their reputation and stature through touring and being a ‘live band’.

All the ex-Beatles performed in concerts by the mid-70s, so it shows that they were up for it, to a certain extent.

What would The Beatles be like in concert? Would it just be the 4 of them as it was in the 60s? 

This might be quite limiting to the sort of songs they wanted to perform. Therefore, would they add a piano/organ player like Billy Preston or indeed would they add a keyboards player to cover a range of sounds? Wings sounded great in the mid-70s with essentially a 4 man band and Linda on keyboards. A bit of rotating allowed Paul to play the piano when needed.

Would George be keen to be the sole lead guitarist? In his concerts he often seemed to abdicate the lead guitar playing to others in the band? I think he would have been confident to carry out the role with practice and this could have really cemented his reputation as a top guitarist.

Personally, I feel that a 1.5-2 hour Beatle concert would have been amazing, with many of the ‘later year’s’ songs being able to be featured as well as, of course, some of the early 1970’s solo songs. I think some of the early hits would have made brilliant encores and it would have been fun to see 30+ year old Beatles singing ‘She Loves You ‘ and ‘I Want To Hold Your Hand ‘!!

So, what do you all think?

What would a 1970’s Beatles concert / tour look like? 

Forum Timezone: Europe/London
Most Users Ever Online: 700
Currently Online: Joe, kelicopter
Guest(s) 1
Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)
Top Posters:
Starr Shine?: 16105
Ron Nasty: 12534
Zig: 9832
50yearslate: 8759
Necko: 8043
AppleScruffJunior: 7583
parlance: 7111
mr. Sun king coming together: 6402
Mr. Kite: 6147
trcanberra: 6064
Member Stats:
Guest Posters: 88
Members: 2859
Moderators: 5
Admins: 1
Forum Stats:
Groups: 3
Forums: 44
Topics: 5510
Newest Members:
frankc, viv@nelsontraining.co.uk, bornhairyman, frankkilmore123@gmail.com, onlyanorthernsong
Moderators: Joe: 5691, meanmistermustard: 24950, Ahhh Girl: 22212, Beatlebug: 18181, The Hole Got Fixed: 8410
Administrators: Joe: 5691