8 November 2012
Yeah, happy not birthday, Parlance. Hope you had a good one.
Thank you, I did! A Beatley birthday.
12 January 2013
Sexy Sadie was recorded on mine! But in between takes they started recording Brian Epstein Blues, which is also known as Brother Sam! How ironic!
The Incedibly True Story THat Never Ends. By Sam.
Best Friend: WHat are you listening to
Me: The Beatles
Best Friend: Go Figure
18 March 2013
INTROVERTS UNITE! Separately....in your own homes!
Make Love, Not Wardrobes!
"Stop throwing jelly beans at me"- George Harrison
6 August 2013
"There's no such thing as bad student... only bad teacher."
14 February 2013
Oooh! They recorded "Across The Universe " on my bday. That's really cool to know
"....take a sad song & make it Meilleur"....
20 August 2013
Recording and mixing Dr. Robert
Can buy Joe love! Amazon | iTunes
Check here for "how do I do this" guide to the forum. (2017) (2018)
16 September 2013
The Beatles were pretty busy on my birthday, April 26th. On that day in 1966, they had a recording session for "And Your Bird Can Sing ." In 1967, a session for "Magical Mystery Tour ." And in 1969, "Oh! Darling ," and "Octopus's Garden ," and they also mixed "The Ballad Of John And Yoko ." In that song, John and Yoko were "eating chocolate cake in a bag," and my favorite kind of cake is German Chocolate, so, uh... I think that counts as some sort of big-deal coincidence.
29 November 2012
My birthday was yesterday (Feb 13) and the only one off the top of my head I know they recorded that day was Only A Northern Song .
4 February 2014
Had to refer to my copy of The Complete Recording Sessions (the BB had the session but not the exact date)
March 21, 1967 only year they recorded on that date, but it's a good one.
- Vocals for Getting Better were recorded (sadly no Ringo needed for this session, although they called him to come in, he got ready then they called back to tell him he wasn't needed, so Ringo was annoyed on my birthday! )
- Lovely Rita was edited and mixed, the effect on the piano in the middle eight was figured out by Emerick.
- Around 11pm, Pink Floyd was lucky enough to come in and meet the Beatles.
- This was the first time Hunter Davies, author of The Beatles biography, was in the studio with them.
- And, interestingly enough, this was the only time John took LSD at the studio. He went to take an upper to get through the session and accidentally took the LSD, he said he felt ill and George (Martin) took him up to the roof to get air. George came back down to the studio and suddenly realizing that John was tripping, Paul and George ran up to get him before he fell off the building. He had to go home, and Paul then decided to take some with him so he wouldn't be lonely, only Paul's second trip and first time with John.
I think I'm happy with that...
6 February 2014
My birthday is September 1, 1968. They were not in the studio that day, but two days before they just released Hey Jude .
16 January 2014
1 November 2013
14 February 2014
17 October 2013
Oct 13th…….John recorded 'Julia '
Nice song. I always tried to like it 'especially' but I don't.
2 April 2014
10 November 2010
No songs were recorded in full on my birthday, and The Beatles were long broken up on THE day I was born, but, in 1967, there were some string overdubs on Within You Without You . That is all they've ever recorded on that date, save for a BBC radio recording in 1963 and a George Harrison and a John Lennon and Yoko Ono interview in 1969.
On the exact date of my birth, Ringo was a guest presenter at the Grammys.
The following people thank Necko for this post:Von Bontee
I'm Necko. I'm like Ringo except I wear necklaces.
I'm also ewe2 on weekends.
Most likely to post things that make you go hmm... 2015, 2016, 2017.
15 April 2014
No songs on my day but they were filming the final scene of A Hard Day's Night on my birthday 50 years ago.
The following people thank imtheTaxman for this post:Mr. Kite
Eleanor Rigby waits at the window wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door.
Mean Mr Mustard lives in the park shaves in the dark trying to save paper.
"Look! a cyclops!" "Can't be its got two eyes" "Must be a bicyclops then" -Yellow Submarine
15 August 2013
The following people thank The Lost Beatle for this post:Mr. Kite
From The Cavern To Candlestick Park
And From Sgt Pepper To Break Up
3 June 2014
If you're lonely (or not!), you can talk to me. .....Hey! Are you a new member on this fine forum and don't know where to go to introduce yourself?
Well, you can do it here! Dig it?
4 February 2014
Norwegian Wood was recorded on my birthday in 1965.
And then, in 63 and 64, a bunch of songs were mixed on my birthday: I Want To Hold Your Hand , This Boy , I Feel Fine , She's A Woman , I'll Follow The Sun , and their cover of Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby .
They were busy on your birthday! That's a lot of good ones.
The following people thank Mr. Kite for this post:Bulldog